I have created this website to further the art and science of rudimental snare drumming. On this website, you will find a large collection of free snare drumming music. The variety of snare drum sheet music that is offered will attempt to cover all aspects of modern snare drumming; everything from basic techniques (velocity and Moeller strokes) to hybrid flam rudiments and stick tricks.
Grid Generator Application
Check out this awesome grid generator application, developed by Brad Halls (Cavies drum staff '88-'92, Blue Devils '85, Phantom '83-'84, Saginaires '81-'82, Michigan State '81-'86). He has been kind enough to share his app on this website. Thanks Brad!
recent snarescience.com discussion
- Quad pads without laminates by ohmycheese (4:44pm CST)
- Infinity 2015 Audition by FakeUsername (4:11pm CST)
- Favorite Marching Sticks?? by Spirit Snare 80 (3:51pm CST)
- Percussion Library by NGPercussion (1:03pm CST)
- Aungst at Crown by Spirit Snare 80 (5:13am CST)
drum corps international news
- Spotlight of the Week: 1996 Carolina Crown, 'Chess and the Art of Strategy' (December 22, 2014)
- Free next-day shipping upgrade (December 22, 2014)
- EXTENDED: Two more days to save 30% store-wide (December 21, 2014)
- Corps news and announcements (December 19, 2014)
- Save on shipping: Special 2nd-day upgrade (December 19, 2014)
snarescience exercise mp3s
- Transform your computer or mp3 player into an advanced practice tool with snarescience exercise mp3s!
- Practicing along with this audio is THE BEST way to quickly improve your rhythmic interpretation, timing, and consistency, all for a fraction of the cost of an advanced metronome or drum machine.
- Here is a tutorial for setting up the exercise mp3s on your computer or ipod
- Here is an example of the two practice modes using the triplet grid exercise
- The audio files (usually 8-10 files per exercise, each with a different tempo) are priced at $1.00 per exercise.
- Newsletter members have access to download two exercises of their choice for free! If you have signed up to receive the newsletter, check your email for details on this offer.
I have put together a 6-section practice guide that is exclusively available to mailing list members. The practice guide covers the following topics:
- Self assessment
- Setting goals
- Planning and scheduling
- Create your practice space
- Good practice habits
- Example goals and practice schedule
Sign up for the newsletter for your free download link. Remember, your email address will be kept private and will not be sold to spammers. Also, you can remove your email from the list at anytime.