I have created this website to further the art and science of rudimental snare drumming. On this website, you will find a large collection of free snare drumming music. The variety of snare drum sheet music that is offered will attempt to cover all aspects of modern snare drumming; everything from basic techniques (velocity and Moeller strokes) to hybrid flam rudiments and stick tricks.
Grid Generator Application
Check out this awesome grid generator application, developed by Brad Halls (Cavies drum staff '88-'92, Blue Devils '85, Phantom '83-'84, Saginaires '81-'82, Michigan State '81-'86). He has been kind enough to share his app on this website. Thanks Brad!
recent snarescience.com discussion
- Paradiddle Jam Etude by hurt-a (12:33am CST)
- Gerbil Flying Into a Black Hole Eating a Ham Sandwich by hurt-a (12:27am CST)
- push-pull vs alley-oop by UncomfortablyDynamic (11:33pm CST)
- The Official Random Chat Topic by saint2558 (11:15pm CST)
- Silver Lining by UncomfortablyDynamic (10:58pm CST)
drum corps international news
- 6 random drum corps finds (March 4, 2015)
- New judges coming to the 2015 DCI Tour (March 4, 2015)
- Drum Cam: Blue Devils in Tennessee (March 4, 2015)
- Spotlight of the Week: 1991 Crossmen, 'Pat Metheny Suite' (March 2, 2015)
- Corps news and announcements (February 26, 2015)
snarescience exercise mp3s
- Transform your computer or mp3 player into an advanced practice tool with snarescience exercise mp3s!
- Practicing along with this audio is THE BEST way to quickly improve your rhythmic interpretation, timing, and consistency, all for a fraction of the cost of an advanced metronome or drum machine.
- Here is a tutorial for setting up the exercise mp3s on your computer or ipod
- Here is an example of the two practice modes using the triplet grid exercise
- The audio files (usually 8-10 files per exercise, each with a different tempo) are priced at $1.00 per exercise.
- Newsletter members have access to download two exercises of their choice for free! If you have signed up to receive the newsletter, check your email for details on this offer.
I have put together a 6-section practice guide that is exclusively available to mailing list members. The practice guide covers the following topics:
- Self assessment
- Setting goals
- Planning and scheduling
- Create your practice space
- Good practice habits
- Example goals and practice schedule
Sign up for the newsletter for your free download link. Remember, your email address will be kept private and will not be sold to spammers. Also, you can remove your email from the list at anytime.