I have created this website to further the art and science of rudimental snare drumming. On this website, you will find a large collection of free snare drumming music. The variety of snare drum sheet music that is offered will attempt to cover all aspects of modern snare drumming; everything from basic techniques (velocity and Moeller strokes) to hybrid flam rudiments and stick tricks.
Grid Generator Application
Check out this awesome grid generator application, developed by Brad Halls (Cavies drum staff '88-'92, Blue Devils '85, Phantom '83-'84, Saginaires '81-'82, Michigan State '81-'86). He has been kind enough to share his app on this website. Thanks Brad!
recent snarescience.com discussion
- I really need somebody, and anybodie's help by jplovesthequads (1:41pm CST)
- SnareScience Transcription Library by 17jlede (8:01am CST)
- Audition Solo? by Sangerman (11:45pm CST)
- DRUMLINE 2: tv movie on VH1 by ayeyomaggots (8:48pm CST)
- Using fingers in Traditional by joe356 (7:51pm CST)
drum corps international news
- Field Pass: There's something about Allentown (October 1, 2014)
- Carolina Crown set to say ‘konnichiwa’ to Japan (October 1, 2014)
- The Company nabs 2014 European Championship with come-from-behind victory (September 29, 2014)
- Spotlight of the Week: 2001 Cadets, 'Juxtaperformance' (September 29, 2014)
- Corps news and announcements (September 26, 2014)
snarescience exercise mp3s
- Transform your computer or mp3 player into an advanced practice tool with snarescience exercise mp3s!
- Practicing along with this audio is THE BEST way to quickly improve your rhythmic interpretation, timing, and consistency, all for a fraction of the cost of an advanced metronome or drum machine.
- Here is a tutorial for setting up the exercise mp3s on your computer or ipod
- Here is an example of the two practice modes using the triplet grid exercise
- The audio files (usually 8-10 files per exercise, each with a different tempo) are priced at $1.00 per exercise.
- Newsletter members have access to download two exercises of their choice for free! If you have signed up to receive the newsletter, check your email for details on this offer.
I have put together a 6-section practice guide that is exclusively available to mailing list members. The practice guide covers the following topics:
- Self assessment
- Setting goals
- Planning and scheduling
- Create your practice space
- Good practice habits
- Example goals and practice schedule
Sign up for the newsletter for your free download link. Remember, your email address will be kept private and will not be sold to spammers. Also, you can remove your email from the list at anytime.