I have created this website to further the art and science of rudimental snare drumming. On this website, you will find a large collection of free snare drumming music. The variety of snare drum sheet music that is offered will attempt to cover all aspects of modern snare drumming; everything from basic techniques (velocity and Moeller strokes) to hybrid flam rudiments and stick tricks.
Grid Generator Application
Check out this awesome grid generator application, developed by Brad Halls (Cavies drum staff '88-'92, Blue Devils '85, Phantom '83-'84, Saginaires '81-'82, Michigan State '81-'86). He has been kind enough to share his app on this website. Thanks Brad!
recent snarescience.com discussion
- Marching Percussion Writers by hurt-a (9:31am CST)
- Used Keyboard and Battery Percussion for Sale! by EBdrummer (8:40am CST)
- mindestens zwei Paare haben. by Spirit Snare 80 (6:01am CST)
- SnareScience Transcription Library by Capaxinfiniti (11:27pm CST)
- Being A Section Leader by EcstaticRush (10:42pm CST)
drum corps international news
- Two “Blue” crews set for international excursions (April 23, 2014)
- Finding fellowship in the Far East (April 23, 2014)
- Huge pre-season sale on DCI World Championship videos (April 21, 2014)
- Spotlight of the Week: 2000 Santa Clara Vanguard, 'The Age of Reverence' (April 21, 2014)
- Corps news and announcements (April 18, 2014)
snarescience exercise mp3s
- Transform your computer or mp3 player into an advanced practice tool with snarescience exercise mp3s!
- Practicing along with this audio is THE BEST way to quickly improve your rhythmic interpretation, timing, and consistency, all for a fraction of the cost of an advanced metronome or drum machine.
- Here is a tutorial for setting up the exercise mp3s on your computer or ipod
- Here is an example of the two practice modes using the triplet grid exercise
- The audio files (usually 8-10 files per exercise, each with a different tempo) are priced at $1.00 per exercise.
- Newsletter members have access to download two exercises of their choice for free! If you have signed up to receive the newsletter, check your email for details on this offer.
I have put together a 6-section practice guide that is exclusively available to mailing list members. The practice guide covers the following topics:
- Self assessment
- Setting goals
- Planning and scheduling
- Create your practice space
- Good practice habits
- Example goals and practice schedule
Sign up for the newsletter for your free download link. Remember, your email address will be kept private and will not be sold to spammers. Also, you can remove your email from the list at anytime.