I have created this website to further the art and science of rudimental snare drumming. On this website, you will find a large collection of free snare drumming music. The variety of snare drum sheet music that is offered will attempt to cover all aspects of modern snare drumming; everything from basic techniques (velocity and Moeller strokes) to hybrid flam rudiments and stick tricks.
Grid Generator Application
Check out this awesome grid generator application, developed by Brad Halls (Cavies drum staff '88-'92, Blue Devils '85, Phantom '83-'84, Saginaires '81-'82, Michigan State '81-'86). He has been kind enough to share his app on this website. Thanks Brad!
recent snarescience.com discussion
- WORLDSTAR Lick by joshydrummer201 (10:24pm CST)
- SnareScience Transcription Library by meestamiles (2:10pm CST)
- options to longanger by dgaking (10:08am CST)
- Percussion Instructor Audio/Video Chats by dgaking (10:01am CST)
- Tuning. Oh, tuning... by dgaking (9:58am CST)
drum corps international news
- Watch this weekend's DCA World Championships live online (August 29, 2014)
- Corps news and announcements (August 29, 2014)
- 50 years of DCA history in just under 5 minutes (August 28, 2014)
- DCA will celebrate 50 years this weekend in Rochester (August 27, 2014)
- 5 years of World Championship highlights videos (August 27, 2014)
snarescience exercise mp3s
- Transform your computer or mp3 player into an advanced practice tool with snarescience exercise mp3s!
- Practicing along with this audio is THE BEST way to quickly improve your rhythmic interpretation, timing, and consistency, all for a fraction of the cost of an advanced metronome or drum machine.
- Here is a tutorial for setting up the exercise mp3s on your computer or ipod
- Here is an example of the two practice modes using the triplet grid exercise
- The audio files (usually 8-10 files per exercise, each with a different tempo) are priced at $1.00 per exercise.
- Newsletter members have access to download two exercises of their choice for free! If you have signed up to receive the newsletter, check your email for details on this offer.
I have put together a 6-section practice guide that is exclusively available to mailing list members. The practice guide covers the following topics:
- Self assessment
- Setting goals
- Planning and scheduling
- Create your practice space
- Good practice habits
- Example goals and practice schedule
Sign up for the newsletter for your free download link. Remember, your email address will be kept private and will not be sold to spammers. Also, you can remove your email from the list at anytime.