i woud like to imporve plz help me

submit youtube videos for discussion and critique by fellow snarescience members

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

5thbass4life Offline
noob
noob

i woud like to imporve plz help me

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:29 pm

Ratamaflamcheeses Offline
noob
noob

Re: i woud like to imporve plz help me

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Your tempo is almost never with the met, even during the tapoffs, which is when you should be most accurate. The second beats of the diddles in the first exercise are really weak also. As a bass drummer, I know it's hard to make the sound quality even, but it all comes with practice.

Oprah Winfrey Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:06 am

Are you able to take private lessons at all? I think you'd find a world of difference between studying privately and getting tips from drummers online. In fact, a lot of these guys are so good because of their private lessons.

schorsquatch Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:34 pm

Oprah Winfrey wrote:Are you able to take private lessons at all? I think you'd find a world of difference between studying privately and getting tips from drummers online. In fact, a lot of these guys are so good because of their private lessons.
This is very true... nothing beats 1 on 1 with someone who knows you and can watch you play and provide instant feedback. Especially compared to the collective misinformation of a legion of strangers.

To build on this, I'm not aware of your personal situation, so in case private instruction isn't practical, I certainly encourage you to play with some other drummers at your school. That's actually my personal "instructor fantasy": students teaching other students, and I'm sure other instructors would agree. If you get desperate, then ask your director... I'm sure there are some guys on your drumline that would like to earn NHS points in exchange for giving you free lessons.

With that being said, and I think I posted with your original video, I just think your position is giving you a lot of problems... its not helping you for sure. Try working these exercises on a pad with a comfortable position until you get the hang of the timing. Then you can move up to the bass drum. I made some other suggestions in my other post. Also, good for playing with the metronome. You just have to play a lot of reps, and strive to make your next rep just a little better than the last one. Kudos for posting... it takes a lot of sack. Keep posting updates. Any drumline would be lucky to have someone of your initiative on it.
Without a metronome its not drumming, its just hacking.

hurt-a Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:02 pm

You should never practice in this position. Number of problems: The bed is not supportive enough and you will wobble around. Your lap will not support the drum; it will tilt and wobble, causing you to adjust it constantly. The drum on your lap is probably closer to your body then it would be with a carrier. You need to practice how you will perform. I honestly think practicing this way will do more harm than good. Also, you can't remotely see what you're doing.
Legends DBC Front Ensemble
2013- Aux
2014- Vibraphone
2015- Marimba
Spirit Snare 80 wrote:Cowbell- "WHACK-WHACK-WHACK-WHACK"......Spaaaalat. "Cut!" Do it again!