The Official Random Chat Topic

discuss everything else here

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth


Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 786 of 790 [ 19739 posts ]
Message
Author
Lee clary Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Tallahassee,Florida

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:46 pm



MPolarinakis wrote:
Lee clary wrote:American Drum Blackjack bass mallets are some really good Aluminum shaft mallets if you're looking for very durable and thunderous mallets.
aluminum mallets are dumb.
Ehh. To each his own, I would rather pay for a pair of 60 dollar mallets rather than keep buying a pair of wood ones every 2 weeks. I like them.
Famu Fall 17' 🤞🏼🐍🐍


Kaitou Offline
moderator
moderator
User avatar
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:06 pm



Lee clary wrote:
MPolarinakis wrote:
Lee clary wrote:American Drum Blackjack bass mallets are some really good Aluminum shaft mallets if you're looking for very durable and thunderous mallets.
aluminum mallets are dumb.
Ehh. To each his own, I would rather pay for a pair of 60 dollar mallets rather than keep buying a pair of wood ones every 2 weeks. I like them.
If you go through a pair of bass mallets every two weeks then you're doing something extremely wrong
TA67 wrote:She walked over to me and said "I formally request that you turn my body into a playground of lust and wonder, o burly man." To which I agreed. I laid her down on the desk, and well...we both got As for the entire semester as a result.
ImageImage


Lee clary Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Tallahassee,Florida

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:35 pm



Kaitou wrote:
If you go through a pair of bass mallets every two weeks then you're doing something extremely wrong
It's not me, and they're not breaking just mallet heads flying off from the technique they use.
Famu Fall 17' 🤞🏼🐍🐍


drummerboyonfire Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger
User avatar
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:04 pm
Location: N.C.

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:41 pm



So I found this today... This is actually kinda sad.
7th Regiment
Snare 14-15


Bassnare Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
User avatar
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: SLC, UT

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:34 pm



The Cavaliers will be playing CaBlamm in the lot this year. That is all.


corbinwillard12 Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:55 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:40 pm



drummerboyonfire wrote:So I found this today... This is actually kinda sad.
Image
NSHS Drumline:
2011 - 2nd Bass
2012 - Quads
2013 - Quads (Percussion Captain)
2014 - Quads (Percussion Captain)


2015 - Auditioning for NCSU Quads


FerreusOpus Offline
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
User avatar
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:23 pm



Bassnare wrote:The Cavaliers will be playing CaBlamm in the lot this year. That is all.
5 dudes I marched with last year are on that line. 3 of which are on quads. They're going to be great this year.
Youtube.com/FerreusOpus
QuadScience - http://www.snarescience.com/exercises/all-tnr.php
ImageImage
Image


Bassnare Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
User avatar
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: SLC, UT

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:53 pm



FerreusOpus wrote:
Bassnare wrote:The Cavaliers will be playing CaBlamm in the lot this year. That is all.
5 dudes I marched with last year are on that line. 3 of which are on quads. They're going to be great this year.
Yeah, I met some Crossmen guys. I just got cut yesterday; they took 8 snares and I was around 10th.


MPolarinakis Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:43 am

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:48 pm



Lee clary wrote:
Kaitou wrote:
If you go through a pair of bass mallets every two weeks then you're doing something extremely wrong
It's not me, and they're not breaking just mallet heads flying off from the technique they use.
I've played on the Vic ones (and i guess IP now) for a long time, and I've gotten the head to pop off of a mallet maybe twice. If you can find someone under the age of 22 who can hit a drum as hard as i can who pops the heads off mallets, then kudos, but i don't believe its possible for the mallets to break like that unless the sealant on the felt is messed up before you get them, and the screw is faulty.
'10 '11 '12 '13

'09 '10 '11 '13


for clarification, see related GIF
Image


Lee clary Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Tallahassee,Florida

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:30 pm



MPolarinakis wrote:
Lee clary wrote:
Kaitou wrote: I've played on the Vic ones (and i guess IP now) for a long time, and I've gotten the head to pop off of a mallet maybe twice. If you can find someone under the age of 22 who can hit a drum as hard as i can who pops the heads off mallets, then kudos, but i don't believe its possible for the mallets to break like that unless the sealant on the felt is messed up before you get them, and the screw is faulty.
Our bottoms are FAMU based so its not that hard to go through wood mallets if you see how FAMU plays. Also it just the bottoms that go through mallets like that, not the tonals.
Famu Fall 17' 🤞🏼🐍🐍


TheKingofNone Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
User avatar
Posts: 671
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:50 am

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:35 pm



SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!! Who's your pick for the big game? I'm gonna go for Mr. Manning getting ring #2.
You cant just 'hit' a drum; you have to beat the s*** out of it. ~Eric Cartman

GSUS '15

I'm that guy who says he'll try out for drum corps next year and never does.
But I'm totally gonna try to march Alliance this summer.


tommyservo7 Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops
Posts: 3808
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:58 pm
Location: New Jersey/Indiana

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:26 am



TheKingofNone wrote:SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!! Who's your pick for the big game? I'm gonna go for Mr. Manning getting ring #2.
It is not Superbowl Sunday.
Tom

2007-2011 OBFP
2011-2012 College in Indiana

Multi-pitched timp-tom tenor-scaled membranaphone for life.


flamtaps5 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:55 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:03 pm



drummerboyonfire wrote:So I found this today... This is actually kinda sad.
Dude I laughed so hard at this
Josh
I play snare.


schorsquatch Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
User avatar
Posts: 872
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:36 am

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:53 pm



Oh jesus... I thought he was gonna jump on it or something, and I clenched up just a little bit.
Without a metronome its not drumming, its just hacking.


flamtaps5 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:55 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re:

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:25 pm



So I just got accepted into UNC Charlotte
Josh
I play snare.


gnarwall Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:56 pm



GO HAWKS.


TVOham Offline
chops master
chops master
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:57 am

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:54 am



TheKingofNone wrote:SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!! Who's your pick for the big game? I'm gonna go for Mr. Manning getting ring #2.
Nice pick, bro.

In the meantime, I just made $8,000.
Image


VoteLobster Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
User avatar
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:44 am



http://www.lonestarpercussion.com/Yamah ... -284605725

Comedy gold. Happy April Fools day, guys.
Alex Douglass
MCDC 16, 17 PR 18
Image


TheKingofNone Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
User avatar
Posts: 671
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:50 am

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:25 pm



Soy un perdedor.
You cant just 'hit' a drum; you have to beat the s*** out of it. ~Eric Cartman

GSUS '15

I'm that guy who says he'll try out for drum corps next year and never does.
But I'm totally gonna try to march Alliance this summer.


Lee clary Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Tallahassee,Florida

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:57 pm



VoteLobster wrote:http://www.lonestarpercussion.com/Yamah ... -284605725

Comedy gold. Happy April Fools day, guys.
If only........
Famu Fall 17' 🤞🏼🐍🐍


VoteLobster Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
User avatar
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:23 pm



Lee clary wrote:
VoteLobster wrote:http://www.lonestarpercussion.com/Yamah ... -284605725

Comedy gold. Happy April Fools day, guys.
If only........
Nah, we wouldn't be able to tell the flutes that their instrument isn't heavy if ours weighs nothing. Weight adds character.
Alex Douglass
MCDC 16, 17 PR 18
Image


Lee clary Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Tallahassee,Florida

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:05 pm



True, true
Famu Fall 17' 🤞🏼🐍🐍


ottomagne Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops
User avatar
Posts: 3114
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:24 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:08 am



Band.
ImageImage

Drum bandin' since twenty o' seven.

'10 '13
'11'13


DrummerOf2012 Offline
chops master
chops master
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:12 pm



yo this site is *beep* dead
Viral video with 5 snare drummers in kilts.
Army All-American Marching Band - 2012
TCI 2010 snareline "Censored"

University of Texas Percussion


Lee clary Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Tallahassee,Florida

Re: The Official Random Chat Topic

Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:05 pm



DrummerOf2012 wrote:yo this site is *beep* dead
School comes into play im guessing.
Famu Fall 17' 🤞🏼🐍🐍


Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 786 of 790 [ 19739 posts ]





Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum