The Girls Thread

discuss everything else here

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

saint2558 Offline
chops master
chops master

The Girls Thread

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:14 pm

Edit from mod: Let's try to stay on topic. 16 pages was pretty good last time, but let's go for, I don't know, the whole topic this time.

-----

I'll go ahead and post another pic.

Image Image
"Don't let your left hand be the dead head of a two headed cow."-Ned Smith

AWA Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops
Location: West Deptford, New Jersey, The United States of America, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way

Re: The Girls Thread

Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:21 am

You are a very lucky man.
2007 - 2010: West Deptford High School (07-08 FE, 09-10 quads)
2013: Spirit of Atlanta (Marimba)
2014: Bluecoats (Vibraphone)

-Glenn Dawson

"Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo."

saint2558 Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:33 am

Thank you. I really am! (Sweet, now I have first pic)

EDIT:
koopthepoopscoop wrote:Listen, I was in the EXACT same boat months ago. Five things will happen:

1) It will not be enough to be friends, you will act like a crazy person for a while because you want to be with her, it gets weird, and then you're not such good friends anymore.
2) You will be a better and more mature person for it and you will realize you were wasting your time to begin with. Then you'll realize how you can get with mad jailbait while it's still technically acceptable to do so and you'll want in on that.
3) You will look at Keith's comment months later and be like "man, what a noob I was"
4) You will be mad at me about this comment, citing such nonsense as "You don't know the details", "You don't understand", or my own personal favorite, "This is different"
5) You will look at your response to this comment months later and be like "man, what I noob I was"
(picked up from the old thread) Yes, I was in this exact boat cause I still liked my ex for a while. ...of course, prom yesterday definitely cured that. Getting a kiss from the girl in the pic above made me move on very VERY quickly. (she's much more attractive too... just sayin)

In all, prom solved my issues.
Image Image

perk Offline
ROAF
ROAF

Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:03 pm

I went to prom last night....didnt dance once, drummed the winter so with 3 of our basses, walked to a gas station and that was about it.

Afterwords I went to a party with my girlfriend and some of her friends, twas nice.

She did get a little mad about me leaving prom to go to the gas station but all is well again

hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:03 pm

I'm in a place that i like. The girl i'm with and I are both really busy with music and dance, and we both totally hate the mushy gushy stuff that formulates a "relationship".

so we're exclusive to each other, but we aren't "dating", so to speak. we get coffee, talk and stuff, hang out a lot together, but around school there's none of the making out in hallways, hanging onto each other desperately. and we both try to go to our respective concerts and recitals, but it we can't make it, its no biggie.

it works extremely well. hardly anybody knows at school.
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.

noname Offline
ROAF
ROAF

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:14 pm

edited.
Last edited by noname on Fri May 28, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dcbd Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:13 am

hotbeats645 wrote:I'm in a place that i like. The girl i'm with and I are both really busy with music and dance, and we both totally hate the mushy gushy stuff that formulates a "relationship".

so we're exclusive to each other, but we aren't "dating", so to speak. we get coffee, talk and stuff, hang out a lot together, but around school there's none of the making out in hallways, hanging onto each other desperately. and we both try to go to our respective concerts and recitals, but it we can't make it, its no biggie.

I hope its not one of those situations where the guy is like we don't call it dating....but we basically are....and then in reality the girl doesn't think the same thing....

My contribution to my situation.....
I havent dated in like 2 or 3 years idk i don't keep track....i'm thinkin 2 but idk....i'm not worried about trying to keep up a relationship, work out, work, do corps, prepare for auditions in the fall, get prepared for fall classes, and attempt to get my own man shack home thing place....I'm hopin maybe fall semester i'll be wantin to date and stuff again, but for now i'm fine with just enjoying being single

less money to spend on other people? fine by me.... (even though....not to boast or anything....i am an extremely totally mega awesome boyfriend.....like megatron badass awesome)
DCA 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
DCI 2012
PIA 2007, 2008, 2009
PIO 2011
PIW 2013

wturner901 Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:05 am

noname wrote:I sorta like my current position.

Good news: She is talking to me much more than before

Bad news: She still likes that other kid. Who's freaking perfect by the way

It's an improvement, I guess.
That was my old situation. Here's my new one:

Good news: She now does not like perfect kid anymore, and doesn't want to like anyone for a while. I will be leaving for the summer and will come back with the tan of a Greek God. (Heck yes short section shorts!)

Bad news: She probably won't speak to me much over the summer
hotbeats645 wrote:Lost my lady friend. But it wasn't anything emotionally serious. Two other really hot girls are interested in me. It doesn't seem fair to choose.

Memphonian Offline
ROAF
ROAF

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:43 am

hotbeats645 wrote:I'm in a place that i like. The girl i'm with and I are both really busy with music and dance, and we both totally hate the mushy gushy stuff that formulates a "relationship".

Your sig is so much win. I LOVE blog tv chats, that's where we came up with the whole "Colonial, please"...good times :) But it's chill, we love you mark.

Let's see. Yeah. I have no idea.
H.S. Band, Drum Corps Band. Band.

dcbd Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Memphonian wrote:

Your sig is so much win. I LOVE blog tv chats, that's where we came up with the whole "Colonial, please"...good times :) But it's chill, we love you mark.

TOO BAD I SAID THAT IN THE ORANGUTAN THREAD YOU NOOB
<3

My related content: My view on relationships still has not changed
DCA 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
DCI 2012
PIA 2007, 2008, 2009
PIO 2011
PIW 2013

thaiguy20fromla Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:24 pm

So, I got a girl's number today. I'm back in the game!
Mountain View Viking Regiment 2005-2009
Trombone 2005-2009; Center Snare 2007-2009; Assistant DM 2007-2009
Winter 2007-2009, Center '08-'09

Full Force Percussion Snare 2010 [CUT self - personal reasons]

vivi767 Offline

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Girls don't like me. And I base that on absolutely nothing.

Hi, I'm Raul, and I have 3 kidneys.

Impulse IQ 2010

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_i ... 621038c747" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^^^^^view for more info

saint2558 Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:35 pm

I can't help myself. LOOK AT MY DATE! She is so much fun too. I wish I could have last Saturday on repeat. lol

(Btw, we aren't dating [at least not yet or officially] ..but we did kiss at prom, after prom, and held hands after that. This is interesting whatever you might call it. "friends with benefits?" lol)

/random thoughts while I should be doing english homework.
Image Image

Novak Offline

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Go after her man. Good ones like her are in short supply nowadays it seems.
Andrew Novak
All Hail LQ

dutch snare Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:31 am

^seems a very wise advice ;)
my contribution:
I'm currently not in a relationship, but kinda dating with a girl after we kissed at the last party of school (not like a prom), but after summer I'll be going to university and doing drumcorps in the weekend (except for sunday) so idk what to do.. Might just keep it like this and hang out and stuff..
Jubal 2012: 'Stairway'
http://www.jubal.org
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBillie09" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drummer Merv Offline
grammar police
grammar police

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:52 am

Okay, so here's my situation. A bit ago, my gf broke up with me. BUT she says she still likes me (in the words of George Lopez, like LIKEs me), and we even kissed after school a few days ago. I am quite confuzzled.
Snebasseor wrote:Drummer Mervowned

quadripedman Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:36 am

Drummer Merv wrote:Okay, so here's my situation. A bit ago, my gf broke up with me. BUT she says she still likes me (in the words of George Lopez, like LIKEs me), and we even kissed after school a few days ago. I am quite confuzzled.
get out! seriously. shes probably crazy. at least, thats what i've found to be true. if you go by the assumption that all girls are crazy, it makes things go a whole lot easier...
NPHS: Tenors (2009-2010)
bltsponge wrote:You have no idea what sounds a tenor line can produce when they're marching 1",2",3",4",6",8",10","12",13",14" drums (also known as EFFING HUGE block tenors). It's unreal.

drumrsuds Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:18 am

From the elder statesman here:

Whatever girl troubles you may have at the current time might seem like it is the end of the world when you break up/etc...trust me, its not. Enjoy this time, no matter what happens.

Oh yeah and when did girls stop having cooties and started being the reason we as guys do really stoopid things? For a laugh, ask an 8 yr old boy what he thinks of girls. You will get something along the lines of ewwww...
Marist (Chicago) 1985-1989
nochops94 wrote:Very dirty. Not even marking time and what the heck is with those paw heights??

colonial snare Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:26 am

Memphonian wrote:

Aww thanks dude.

As for me. Let me just say. I have neva had a GF

wturner901 Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:36 pm

colonial snare wrote:
Memphonian wrote:

Aww thanks dude.

As for me. Let me just say. I have neva had a GF
He definitely wasn't speaking to, or of, you.

And keep it that way man, girls suck (Sometimes.) Lol, but seriously, Don't look for a relationship, the good ones will look for you.
hotbeats645 wrote:Lost my lady friend. But it wasn't anything emotionally serious. Two other really hot girls are interested in me. It doesn't seem fair to choose.

saint2558 Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Novak wrote:Go after her man. Good ones like her are in short supply nowadays it seems.
Yeah, I'll definitely see how it goes

EDIT: And even if we never officially date, and just stay friends that kiss and whatever, I'd be fine with that too
Image Image

TA67 Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:54 pm

vivi767 wrote:Girls don't like me. And I base that on absolutely nothing.
Basically, this is me.

Drummer Merv Offline
grammar police
grammar police

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:39 pm

quadripedman wrote:
Drummer Merv wrote:Okay, so here's my situation. A bit ago, my gf broke up with me. BUT she says she still likes me (in the words of George Lopez, like LIKEs me), and we even kissed after school a few days ago. I am quite confuzzled.
get out! seriously. shes probably crazy. at least, thats what i've found to be true. if you go by the assumption that all girls are crazy, it makes things go a whole lot easier...
Easier said than done my friend.
Snebasseor wrote:Drummer Mervowned

noname Offline
ROAF
ROAF

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:50 pm

So not my most recent ex, but an ex of mine from last year just sent me a facebook message apologizing for "everything she did to me" and telling me "how great a guy I am"...And I haven't talked to her since like october of this year. I am confused.

hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:02 pm

^^ had a similar thing happen.

my so-called best friend is a douche. my other best friend was going after this girl, and we all knew it, and he started texting her and now they have a thing. She never really "like" liked my other friend, but still the principle of going after your best friend's girl when they sorta have a thing going. And he's trying to do the same thing with my significant other at the same time.

good bye, douche
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.