Attachments
fear.jpg
fear.jpg (10.3 KiB) Viewed 4941 times
Gateway Indoor
'12 rack
'13 synth

Music City Drum Corps
'12 synth
pearltenors wrote:IM 13 OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PanasonicYouth Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:00 pm

I've been thinking about it, and I kind of want something to the effect of a tree with wires coming out of it. I may have my friend draw it out for me.

JLbluefan09 Offline
snarescience addict
snarescience addict

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Bros, let's keep this going. I'm thinking about getting a Harry Potter tattoo.
Gateway Indoor
'12 rack
'13 synth

Music City Drum Corps
'12 synth

Randall112 Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:27 pm

JLbluefan09 wrote:Bros, let's keep this going. I'm thinking about getting a Harry Potter tattoo.
Yum. I'll date you if you do.

DrummerGirl247 Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:45 pm

I've always wanted the Deathly Hallows symbol.
Brentwood High School Marching Band '09-'11 - Snare
Sunrisers Drum and Bugle Corps '11 - Snare

pablodurando Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:59 pm

I don't get the mentality behind getting a tattoo. You guys realize that the tattoo will be on your body FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Maybe I could understand something special like an inscription dedicated to a deceased friend/family. But a series like Harry Potter is dated and will be forgotten in a year. It would suck to be 47 and have your kid ask what that tattoo of Harry Potter is. Unrelated: Watched Deathly Hallows part 2, thought it sucked. To me the series died after the 3rd book.

JLbluefan09 Offline
snarescience addict
snarescience addict

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:10 pm

pablodurando wrote:I don't get the mentality behind getting a tattoo. You guys realize that the tattoo will be on your body FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Maybe I could understand something special like an inscription dedicated to a deceased friend/family. But a series like Harry Potter is dated and will be forgotten in a year. It would suck to be 47 and have your kid ask what that tattoo of Harry Potter is. Unrelated: Watched Deathly Hallows part 2, thought it sucked. To me the series died after the 3rd book.
I completely disagree. You will forget it in a year, but to millions of others, including myself, it will continue to be a part of life.

I got my tattoo January 13th this year and have not regretted getting it. I love the little guy so much and I'm proud to show it off. It's my "artwork" and I would be pretty offended if anyone told me it was stupid. I plan on getting more tattoos in the future. I don't care if they have a deep meaning or not. I got my tattoo because I drum. No deep meaning behind that, it's just a fact.
Gateway Indoor
'12 rack
'13 synth

Music City Drum Corps
'12 synth

Wx3141 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:33 pm

I personally like the idea behind tattoos, but I can't think of anything with meaning enough to consider getting. Regardless, the story behind any tattoo is exactly what makes them worth getting.

DrummerGirl247 Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:40 pm

pablodurando wrote:I don't get the mentality behind getting a tattoo. You guys realize that the tattoo will be on your body FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Maybe I could understand something special like an inscription dedicated to a deceased friend/family. But a series like Harry Potter is dated and will be forgotten in a year. It would suck to be 47 and have your kid ask what that tattoo of Harry Potter is. Unrelated: Watched Deathly Hallows part 2, thought it sucked. To me the series died after the 3rd book.
What Mel said. You'll forget it, but that person won't because it means something to them.

pablodurando Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:52 pm

I still don't see the story behind it. "Yeah, this one was from 20 years ago when that one movie about magic. I think the protagonist was called Ron. I think it was a good movie.", just don't see it. Personally I segregate people with tattoos and I know that others in society will to, especially employers. I just don't see why you need to get something permanent that's meaningless and will change people's perception of you.

BTW didn't mean to sound like an ass up there. Sorry if it came off that way.

Wx3141 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:59 pm

pablodurando wrote:I still don't see the story behind it. "Yeah, this one was from 20 years ago when that one movie about magic. I think the protagonist was called Ron. I think it was a good movie.", just don't see it. Personally I segregate people with tattoos and I know that others in society will to, especially employers. I just don't see why you need to get something permanent that's meaningless and will change people's perception of you.

BTW didn't mean to sound like an *beep* up there. Sorry if it came off that way.
Well, I personally think that Harry Potter is the Star Wars/Star Trek of our generation. Just look how old those franchises are, and people still love them. I'm sure anyone who loves them and has a tattoo relating to them, knows exactly why, despite the antiquity of the material.

JLbluefan09 Offline
snarescience addict
snarescience addict

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:01 pm

pablodurando wrote:I still don't see the story behind it. "Yeah, this one was from 20 years ago when that one movie about magic. I think the protagonist was called Ron. I think it was a good movie.", just don't see it. Personally I segregate people with tattoos and I know that others in society will to, especially employers. I just don't see why you need to get something permanent that's meaningless and will change people's perception of you.
Employers will not. My tattoo is on my right side and it's pretty small so nobody has to know about it. Any stranger that looks at me won't know I have a tattoo. My 11th grade English teacher has a very noticeable tattoo on his wrist and plenty of other tattoos that he's told me about/I've seen. He would've told me if someone reported it.
Gateway Indoor
'12 rack
'13 synth

Music City Drum Corps
'12 synth

JLbluefan09 Offline
snarescience addict
snarescience addict

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Employers will not. My tattoo is on my right side and it's pretty small so nobody has to know about it. Any stranger that looks at me won't know I have a tattoo. My 11th grade English teacher has a very noticeable tattoo on his wrist and plenty of other tattoos that he's told me about/I've seen. He would've told me if someone reported it.
Gateway Indoor
'12 rack
'13 synth

Music City Drum Corps
'12 synth

DrummerGirl247 Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:06 pm

BTW didn't mean to sound like an *beep* up there. Sorry if it came off that way.
Personally, it would be related to the book, I really don't like the movies. I would get it because I grew up reading the books, and they had some impact on who I am today. Same reason why anyone should get any sort of tattoo IMO

pablodurando Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:06 pm

JLbluefan09 wrote:
Well I have very different experiences with that, albeit second hand experience. You could say my family is plagued with tattoos and they publicly admit that the tattoos are often the biggest reason they do not get the job. A tattoo just gives off a bad message about personal characteristics, I will search for a study to support this claim.

EDIT: I found a source regarding visible tattoos in the workplace.
Last edited by pablodurando on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hertaz Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:13 pm

It all depends on the employer. If it's a really laid-back environment, then it probably won't matter if your tattoos are visible. If you plan on working in a more conservative place, I probably wouldn't get full sleeves.

I'm planning on getting something somewhere.. I don't know what or where though.
PSU Quads 2012-

PSUid Drumset 2013

For the glory.
LilPurpQuads wrote:I mean NOW at the beginning of the season they're dirty, but when it gets closer to mid and finals... They somehow happen to be good?

JLbluefan09 Offline
snarescience addict
snarescience addict

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:29 pm

pablodurando wrote:
JLbluefan09 wrote:
Well I have very different experiences with that, albeit second hand experience. You could say my family is plagued with tattoos and they publicly admit that the tattoos are often the biggest reason they do not get the job. A tattoo just gives off a bad message about personal characteristics, I will search for a study to support this claim.

So if you met me, and didn't know I had a tattoo, but told you later in the friendship that I had a tattoo, would you change your opinion of me?
Gateway Indoor
'12 rack
'13 synth

Music City Drum Corps
'12 synth

pablodurando Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:33 pm

JLbluefan09 wrote:
pablodurando wrote:
JLbluefan09 wrote:

So if you met me, and didn't know I had a tattoo, but told you later in the friendship that I had a tattoo, would you change your opinion of me?
I would think not, but that is only because I got to know you. An interesting fact I learned from my Speech class(lol) was that people decide your entire character within 30 seconds of meeting you. And people are nitpicky. So they see the tattoo and they automatically think of it as a character flaw.

JLbluefan09 Offline
snarescience addict
snarescience addict

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:41 pm

pablodurando wrote:
JLbluefan09 wrote:
pablodurando wrote:

I would think not, but that is only because I got to know you. An interesting fact I learned from my Speech class(lol) was that people decide your entire character within 30 seconds of meeting you. And people are nitpicky. So they see the tattoo and they automatically think of it as a character flaw.
I just don't get how closed-minded some people can be.
Gateway Indoor
'12 rack
'13 synth

Music City Drum Corps
'12 synth

pablodurando Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:45 pm

JLbluefan09 wrote:
pablodurando wrote:
JLbluefan09 wrote:
Everyone is close minded. You see a boy down the street with medium long hair skating. What's the first thing that comes to your head. That kid likes skating or that kid is a skater. That kid may be a total nerd who doesn't remotely like skating but for some obscene reason was forced to skate. It's a basic human characteristic to classify.

iDrum Offline

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:47 pm

I have nothing against you at all Pablodurando but for some odd reason I knew you would be against tattoos before you even you even posted anything in this thread....lol

But anywayssss....I'm either getting this tattoo but around my arm:

Orrrr this one. I'm really leaning towards this one:

I'm getting my cousin to do mine. He did my 1st two tattoos and they turned out pretty sweet so why not let him do this tatt. He's a beast. He's been in a few popular tattoo magazines and in a couple weeks he's going to have an interview with the TV channel TLC to be on that new show NY Ink....oh, and I get my tatts for free since we're pretty close 8)

JLbluefan09 Offline
snarescience addict
snarescience addict

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:52 pm

pablodurando wrote:
JLbluefan09 wrote:
pablodurando wrote:
Everyone is close minded. You see a boy down the street with medium long hair skating. What's the first thing that comes to your head. That kid likes skating or that kid is a skater. That kid may be a total nerd who doesn't remotely like skating but for some obscene reason was forced to skate. It's a basic human characteristic to classify.
Most people in my town would say that kid is a pot smoking loser who can't hold a job for more that a day. I would think that kid skates because he enjoys it.
Gateway Indoor
'12 rack
'13 synth

Music City Drum Corps
'12 synth

JLbluefan09 Offline
snarescience addict
snarescience addict

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:53 pm

iDrum wrote:I have nothing against you at all Pablodurando but for some odd reason I knew you would be against tattoos before you even you even posted anything in this thread....lol

But anywayssss....I'm either getting this tattoo but around my arm:

Orrrr this one. I'm really leaning towards this one:

I'm getting my cousin to do mine. He did my 1st two tattoos and they turned out pretty sweet so why not let him do this tatt. He's a beast. He's been in a few popular tattoo magazines and in a couple weeks he's going to have an interview with the TV channel TLC to be on that new show NY Ink....oh, and I get my tatts for free since we're pretty close 8)
I'm definitely digging the second one. And if he gets a spot on NY Ink, that would be incredible. That's my favorite show. I feel bad for Chris. Lol
Gateway Indoor
'12 rack
'13 synth

Music City Drum Corps
'12 synth

PanasonicYouth Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:15 am

So since I last posted about this, I've been wanting a semicolon on my left wrist. It was originally just because I liked to use semicolons in my writing, but then I realized and liked the idea that it was sort of a reminder to pause, or the concept of connecting related ideas in life. I've been wanting it for a while now, so I think I'll get it eventually as long as I still like the idea later.

LaKings2012 Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:53 pm

PanasonicYouth wrote:So since I last posted about this, I've been wanting a semicolon on my left wrist. It was originally just because I liked to use semicolons in my writing, but then I realized and liked the idea that it was sort of a reminder to pause, or the concept of connecting related ideas in life. I've been wanting it for a while now, so I think I'll get it eventually as long as I still like the idea later.
that's a great idea. I want to get a tattoo like one guy from a band I saw the other night. He had the words "nothing's forever, dude" on the inside of his right wrist. It was really cool to me.
Roaminggnome4 wrote:Ducktape, baseball bat, metronome.

Ducktape him to a wall, hit him
tommyservo7 wrote: Everyone deserves to have fun. Clean or not.