Tattoos

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:59 pm

Who has one? Thoughts/feelings on them.

FatGocks Offline
ROAF
ROAF

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:02 pm

I think that tattoos are really cool when you go to someone who knows what they are doing, but for some reason I don't think that I would want one. My brother has some pretty cool ones, though. How about you, Madj?
Troop '10

Boston '11-'12

I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think unicorns are kick asss.

drummerc Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:08 pm

I saw a few people (drummers, or ageouts) with drummer tattoos on thei legs (like stick person holding a drum)

where are those at?
drumer93 wrote:Dude, I hear the blue devils are playing jazz...

lol.

Madjical Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:12 pm

FatGocks wrote:I think that tattoos are really cool when you go to someone who knows what they are doing, but for some reason I don't think that I would want one. My brother has some pretty cool ones, though. How about you, Madj?
I'm gonna get one for my uncle, who was like my second dad and died of a heart attack. There's this tribal design that has that meaning. That will be it. And if I make bluecoats, I may get the shield.

doublebassheeltoe Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:13 pm

The drum major for Carolina Crown has a Crown tattoo on the base of his neck/top of his back. I actually considered getting a Blue Star with my five years(assuming I make next year) written, one in each point of the star. Not until I age out though.
There's no way around reality, and there's no way to fix things that have already happened. It is what it is, we are what we are, and there is nothing more to life than that. Rule #9.

FatGocks Offline
ROAF
ROAF

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:14 pm

Madjical wrote:
FatGocks wrote:I think that tattoos are really cool when you go to someone who knows what they are doing, but for some reason I don't think that I would want one. My brother has some pretty cool ones, though. How about you, Madj?
I'm gonna get one for my uncle, who was like my second dad and died of a heart attack. There's this tribal design that has that meaning. That will be it. And if I make bluecoats, I may get the shield.
Nice, I'm sure your uncle would appreciate that. Most of my brother's are family related, too. Oh, and you'll get that shield soon enough :D
Troop '10

Boston '11-'12

I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think unicorns are kick asss.

TA67 Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:45 pm

I know the Phantom regiment bass line gets tattoos on their upper arms if I'm not mistaken. They all get the image of a stick figure with a mallet in it's hand.

Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:47 pm

In the late eighties-early nineties, the Phantom snare tech would also break the left pinkies of the snare players so they wouldn't use their pinkies.
There's no way around reality, and there's no way to fix things that have already happened. It is what it is, we are what we are, and there is nothing more to life than that. Rule #9.

FatGocks Offline
ROAF
ROAF

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:50 pm

No wai.
Troop '10

Boston '11-'12

bhssnare Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:50 pm

doublebassheeltoe wrote:In the late eighties-early nineties, the Phantom snare tech would also break the left pinkies of the snare players so they wouldn't use their pinkies.
:shock:

Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:51 pm

Lesson- don't always do what Phantom does.

Although, they no longer break fingers and haven't done so in almost two decades.

FatGocks Offline
ROAF
ROAF

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:53 pm

doublebassheeltoe wrote:Lesson- don't always do what Phantom does.

Although, they no longer break fingers and haven't done so in almost two decades.
Wait, you were being serious? Wouldn't it just dangle off the stick then? Also, what was the purpose behind doing so?
Last edited by FatGocks on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Troop '10

Boston '11-'12

bhssnare Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:53 pm

or have they :?: lol

Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:08 pm

FatGocks wrote:

Wait, you were being serious? Wouldn't it just dangle off the stick then? Also, what was the purpose behind doing so?
I'm being dead serious. I don't remember the exact time period but if you look at some old Phantom lines, the snares always had their pinkies off.

FCHSsnare2011 Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:19 pm

im thinking about shaving my head bald, get a tattoo there, grow out my hair (i'll look like an asian Jesus in a month), forget i got a tat there, grow old, and Blamm!
Georgia State University: Snare (2012)
Fayette County High School: (2007-2011)

koopthepoopscoop Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:21 pm

FCHSsnare2011 wrote:im thinking about shaving my head bald, get a tattoo there, grow out my hair (i'll look like an asian Jesus in a month), forget i got a tat there, grow old, and Blamm!
What does this accomplish?!

Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:22 pm

dude, getting a tattoo on your brain would hurt

FatGocks Offline
ROAF
ROAF

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:23 pm

doublebassheeltoe wrote:dude, getting a tattoo on your brain would hurt
It would also be pretty pricey with the surgery.
Troop '10

Boston '11-'12

FCHSsnare2011 Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:31 pm

koopthepoopscoop wrote: What does this accomplish?!
nothing really. its just a joke.
Georgia State University: Snare (2012)
Fayette County High School: (2007-2011)

Novak Offline

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:46 pm

I'm going to get one or two. But they won't be visible with my shirt on. Probably one over my heart and one across my back from shoulder to shoulder.
Andrew Novak
All Hail LQ

atemplin Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:53 pm

I think tatoos are alright if your getting them for a meaningful reason..not these people who run out and get like tweety bird on their ankle and 2 months later dont know why.

ChickenLips Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:12 pm

I'm considering getting the corps I march with the year(s) I march, assuming I get a chance to march.

idkman Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:22 pm

doublebassheeltoe wrote:
FatGocks wrote:

I'm being dead serious. I don't remember the exact time period but if you look at some old Phantom lines, the snares always had their pinkies off.
I dislocated my pinky a few years back (long story short: barehanding baseballs after whipping 'em off a wall isn't the best idea in the world) before a show and I didn't do anything to ensure that it healed right after being popped back in... guess I can say now that I bring new meaning to "naturally curve the pinky with the ring finger" :shock:
Open Class Medalist 2010

Madjical Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:52 pm

Hahaha, I just remembered my friends tattoo. He was under the influence and he got a stick of butter with wings on his calf and he was like "It's a butterfly. Seemed like a good idea at the time..."

koopthepoopscoop Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:54 pm

Madjical wrote:Hahaha, I just remembered my friends tattoo. He was under the influence and he got a stick of butter with wings on his calf and he was like "It's a butterfly. Seemed like a good idea at the time..."
That's actually a tattoo that I would get sober :D