ANNOUNCEMENT: Guidelines of the Other Other Forum

discuss everything else here

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

PanasonicYouth Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

ANNOUNCEMENT: Guidelines of the Other Other Forum

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Alright, due to recent events, I guess it appears that some rules and guidelines need to be established for this particular forum.

Please refer to and follow the items listed below. This is mainly for new people, as most of you seasoned members don't need it.

1. Yes, OtherĀ² is for random topics, but this does not mean you can post a topic about just anything.

2. There are not too many specific rules about posting, but please refrain from posting anything offensive, racist, something already posted, decidedly pointless, etc. Exercise your own judgement here.

3. One tip, if you feel like posting something but think a topic will only get a couple replies or ignored altogether, just post it in the Random Thoughts Thread.

4. Please, do not post a topic about something you already know is pointless. Post random stuff by all means, but at least make it something that can be discussed.

5. Please do not necro-post/gravedig. This means going back pages and pages to post on any topic you have a thought on. If you think it can be revived, make a new topic, or post something productive in the topic. Better yet, check the date of the last post in the topic, and if it's over a month or so ago, reconsider your posting.

6. These are not official rules, but previously unspoken forum etiquette. However, repeat offenders will be given warnings, and if the mods notice you have accumulated enough warnings, you may be given a temporary ban.

So that's basically it. If any other mods have anything to add, go ahead and do it. Just make sure you let me know if you do.

kettlekorn Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Guidelines of the Other Other Forum

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:02 pm

Thank you.

AWA Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops
Location: West Deptford, New Jersey, The United States of America, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks. I was considering doing something like this, but I couldn't articulate it. You did it perfectly :).

Also, I would especially like to stress two things:

1.) The gravedigging thing. It's extremely annoying.

2.) Try and keep proper grammar and syntax when on the forum. Elsewhere on the internet may not care, but we at SnareScience like to consider ourselves relatively civilized. Act human.
2007 - 2010: West Deptford High School (07-08 FE, 09-10 quads)
2013: Spirit of Atlanta (Marimba)
2014: Bluecoats (Vibraphone)

-Glenn Dawson

"Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo."

drummerkidd12 Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:48 pm

wat chu takin bout willis, j/k
BHS- PIT
BHS- SNARE
BHS- 3 BASS
BHS- CENTER SNARE
IHS- BASS
IHS-SNARE

"If you arent having fun your doing it wrong!" -ScoJo

LMFAO DRUM STICKS LMFAO

Timartin Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:12 pm

AWA wrote:Thanks. I was considering doing something like this, but I couldn't articulate it. You did it perfectly :).

Also, I would especially like to stress two things:

1.) The gravedigging thing. It's extremely annoying.

2.) Try and keep proper grammar and syntax when on the forum. Elsewhere on the internet may not care, but we at SnareScience like to consider ourselves relatively civilized. Act human.
gravediggin isn't neccesarily bad, I would say. If you want to ask something that's already been posted, go look it up if you find it, and if you have further questions about you can refer to it easily...
Glassmen Snare - 12
Matrix Snare - 13, 14