discuss everything else here

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

ribull Offline
noob
noob

Deflate Gate

Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Per Ted Wells report:
"Based on the evidence developed in connection with the investigation and summarized in this Report, we have concluded that it is more probable than not that New England Patriots personnel participated in violations of the NFL Playing Rules and were involved in a deliberate attempt to circumvent those rules."

Also

"We also have concluded that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of [the locker room attendants] involving the release of air from Patriots game balls."

What do you guys think?

As a die-hard Colts fan I'm obviously pretty biased, so take my opinions with a grain of salt
'13 ZCHS MB "Sorcerer and the Swan" - Marimba
'14 ZCHS Indoor "The Singularity" - Center Marimba
'14 ZCHS MB "A Day in the Life of a Knight" - Center Marimba
'15 ZCHS Indoor "Balance" - Marimba
'15 ZCHS MB "Uncharted Waters" - Center Marimba
'16 ZCHS Indoor "Batter Up" - Center Marimba

TheKingofNone Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Re:

Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:49 pm

As a Chargers fan, I think the deflation had no real impact on the outcome of the game. I also think that without any hard evidence, there's not much the NFL can do in the way of real punishment, though the Patriots organization can, and should, punish the people involved. FrAnkly I want a serious punishment. After Spygate a few years back and that punishment, now this... There are rules, that you can't break. This is a hundred billion dollar industry that will sink like the titanic if it loses its credibility... I mean, look at the mess over Paquiou's shoulder in that fight. The pats, and other teams, need to know that they can't pull crap like this.
You cant just 'hit' a drum; you have to beat the s*** out of it. ~Eric Cartman

GSUS '15

I'm that guy who says he'll try out for drum corps next year and never does.
But I'm totally gonna try to march Alliance this summer.

ribull Offline
noob
noob

Re: Deflate Gate

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:47 pm

I agree with you 100%. I think its very obvious and I think that there are very few who actually think this had any impact on the Colts game, but if I were a Raven's fan (which I'm not, I hate em) I would be very angry, cause that game was actually close. As for punishment, the NFL will probably punish the Pats and Brady, though it won't be anywhere near enough to actually punish.

TheKingofNone Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:59 pm

From what I've heard, it was done by some underlings, and Brady. So most of the pats organization is in the clear. Any serious punishment will prolly come from the higher ups in the pats, not the NFL. Hey, how mad were you when the Colts drafted a TY Hilton clone? That made no sense to me.

GSUS '15

ribull Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:18 pm

When I first heard about it, I was so mad, especially since Landon Collins was still on the board and we have no depth at safety, but after a while and hearing some stuff about Dorsett, I realized it was really a good move. The dude is something special, even if he is a Hilton clone. He's smart, faster than almost anybody in the league, and doesn't drop anything. We didn't get Tevin Coleman out of the draft either, which sucked probably the most out of our draft as a whole. At the end of the day, we're getting players back from injury on the D-Line and O-Line, so that problem is semi-addressed and we might have one of the best corner squads in the league, not to mention probably the best passing offense in the league, we just have no running game besides an aging Gore, and no depth at safety. What'd you think about the Charger's draft? Picked up Melvin Gordon right?

TheKingofNone Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:11 pm

I feel you. I agree that defense would have been better. Dude, I'm practically ecstatic. Melvin Gordon is perfect for the Chargers, we really needed a good running back. Great, great player. They also got Perryman, who is a crusher at ILB out of the U. He's like Ray Rice, he's got a fire... He'll be excellent against the run, and be our Heart on Defense when Weddle retires.

GSUS '15

Matt_1423 Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:32 pm

In all honesty I don't think it really impacted the AFC championship game because if I remember correctly the pats didn't open up the lead until the 2nd half. And during halftime is when they noticed the deflated balls and made sure they were inflated for the 2nd half.
YoDemDiddlesBro wrote:However, he was probably born 99% inhuman beast badass.
Montwood High School
"Invasion" 2010 - Snare
"Elements" 2011 - Snare
"Dreamstate" 2012 - Center Snare
"Across the Universe" 2013 - Center Snare

TheKingofNone Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:36 pm

Punishment is garbage and is prolly gonna be overturned. Last time someone lit a fire under the pat's ass they went 18-1...

GSUS '15

ribull Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:19 pm

Yeah I guess I agree. Of course I despise Brady and anything to do with him, so I'm glad he got suspended 4 games, but it might be kind of harsh given the overall crime. That being said, the Patriots are still the winners. The League doesn't want to cripple or even damage it's flagship franchise, so the Patriots get a slap on the wrist and a Superbowl trophy out of this whole ordeal, despite the fact that they cheated, for a second time, then lied to cover it up, for a second time.

TheKingofNone Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:21 pm

ribull wrote:Yeah I guess I agree. Of course I despise Brady and anything to do with him, so I'm glad he got suspended 4 games, but it might be kind of harsh given the overall crime. That being said, the Patriots are still the winners. The League doesn't want to cripple or even damage it's flagship franchise, so the Patriots get a slap on the wrist and a Superbowl trophy out of this whole ordeal, despite the fact that they cheated, for a second time, then lied to cover it up, for a second time.
I think most quarterbacks do absolutely whatever they can to gain an extra advantage, that they think they can get away with. The pats are in no way a winner, because even if Tom Brady wins his appeal, they're out a first round draft pick. That's a valuable commodity right there. I don't think it was a big deal and it sure as hell isnt the reason they have another Lombardi.

GSUS '15

ribull Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:09 pm

Even if it didn't directly help the Pats that much, they thought it did enough to keep doing it (Side note, check out their ridiculously low fumble rates the last couple seasons: http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/bl ... impossible Not sure how accurate that report is, but it is food for thought). It contributed to their winning ways and has been for an indefinite period of time. That's why I say they're the winners. They bend the rules to achieve the ultimate goal, then they achieve it, get found out for bending the rules and still end up with the trophy. That's why this will never end. Because no matter what the NFL does Brady and Belichick know that they're good enough and they can gain enough of an advantage to get there again. What'll happen once they do? If it's found out that they're cheating, they keep the trophy, if not, they still keep the trophy. Win win for the Patriots to keep cheating. The point is not how much it helped them or didn't help them its that they cheat to get what they want and even when its discovered they still get what they want. No reason not to cheat then if you're the Patriots. I could handle some guys criticizing me for a bit for a Lombardi trophy and a ring. My owner'll just bail me out anyway.

TheKingofNone Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:34 pm

Tom Brady's legacy will follow the footsteps of Barry Bonds, Luis Armstrong, and Pete Rose.

GSUS '15

ribull Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:03 am

I agree, just his goal is to win Superbowls, not have a good legacy.