Got cut without any reason!?

discuss everything else here

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

freshman Offline
noob
noob

Got cut without any reason!?

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Recently I got call back from Crossmen, but I couldn't go to the call back camp.
I asked them weather a video audition is acceptable, they said yes.
Than I sent them my videos, they said I will hear from them shortly.

But they did not reply after almost two weeks.
I sent them an e-mail again and asked if I'm invited to the January camp or not.
They replied me right away, within a minute.And said unfortunately they can't invite me to the January camp.

Getting cut is no big deal, especially it's my first time audition.
But when I got home, I checked the viewing records, THEY DID NOT WATCH EVEN ONCE!

I mean...WTF is that?
At least they should watch the videos before they say I'm cut.
And I paid the full call back camp fee, I think it's reasonable to give me some feed back at least?

PataflaflaJr Offline
noob
noob

Re: Got cut without any reason!?

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:25 pm

I'm sure they had to have watched your video. Sometimes Youtube messes up with view counts. It usually isn't very accurate.

freshman Offline
noob
noob

Re: Got cut without any reason!?

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:33 pm

PataflaflaJr wrote:I'm sure they had to have watched your video. Sometimes Youtube messes up with view counts. It usually isn't very accurate.
I don't think they watched......
I checked where the videos were watched, only 0~1 time in the USA.
And that was my friend...

gnarwall Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re:

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Not getting a reply is unfortunate. That being said, groups get TONS of email auditions. It's very hard to keep up with them all (Especially over the holidays). It's also possible that they already set their line locally, and thus there was no point in watching the videos. A group is always going to take talent that shows up, over talent that sends in a video. I'm sorry you didn't get a response, but these people are really busy. Don't take it personally, and try sending your tape to some other groups who are looking for more membership!

*edit* Also if the staff is browsing with a proxy or something, like a lot of people do, the views wouldn't even show up as US views anyways.
*double edit* If you want a refund for the camp fee for next month, try emailing the support staff. The percussion staff have nothing to do with that.

FerreusOpus Offline
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Re: Re:

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:44 am

gnarwall wrote:Not getting a reply is unfortunate. That being said, groups get TONS of email auditions. It's very hard to keep up with them all (Especially over the holidays). It's also possible that they already set their line locally, and thus there was no point in watching the videos. A group is always going to take talent that shows up, over talent that sends in a video. I'm sorry you didn't get a response, but these people are really busy. Don't take it personally, and try sending your tape to some other groups who are looking for more membership!

*edit* Also if the staff is browsing with a proxy or something, like a lot of people do, the views wouldn't even show up as US views anyways.
*double edit* If you want a refund for the camp fee for next month, try emailing the support staff. The percussion staff have nothing to do with that.
^ This. I mean, you have to understand that there were close to 800 kids that auditioned there this year. It's almost impossible to give great feedback to every single person that came through.

Freshman, if you'd like, send your video to me and I'll give you some feedback on how you can improve. I spent two years on the quadline at Crossmen, am aging-out with Matrix Percussion this winter, and am returning to Crossmen on staff this next summer; I promise I won't steer you in the wrong direction.
Youtube.com/FerreusOpus
QuadScience - http://www.snarescience.com/exercises/all-tnr.php
ImageImage