Days of Future Past

discuss everything else here

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

Nathan Aaron Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Days of Future Past

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:03 am

Anyone seen the new X-Men? Thoughts? Personally I loved it and thought it was one of the rare instances when I get my money's worth at the theater. I even think it's better than First Class. It really ties together X 1, 2, and 3 with First Class (and pretty much ignores the sub-par movies that fell in-between). If you're an X fan, definitely go see it.
'11-'14 Fall Snare
'13 Winter Snare
'14 Winter -Tacet
Spirit Snare 80 wrote:Moral of the story, if you want others to enjoy and play your creations, write them so normal people can play them.
http://nathanaaronphotography.wordpress.com/

TheKingofNone Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Re: Days of Future Past

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:21 am

I'm kinda over the whole superhero movie in general. I mean, you can only take so much... I haven't seen a movie in theaters in a while, nothing really looks worth seeing, though I may go see Neighbors with some friends. I've just been watching a lot of old stuff recently (not old, but, ya know). Like, I just watched American Psycho and Reservoir Dogs in the past few days. Psycho was twisty and thought provoking, not too shabby, and while Dogs wasn't even close to Tarantino's best (shaky ending, and he left a lot in the way of character development), it was excellent. Sorry that had nothing to do with the New X-Men movie, but two quick things: 1) X2 was awesomeeeee and 2) 'Days of Future Past' is an incredibly stupid name for a movie xD
You cant just 'hit' a drum; you have to beat the s*** out of it. ~Eric Cartman

GSUS '15

I'm that guy who says he'll try out for drum corps next year and never does.
But I'm totally gonna try to march Alliance this summer.

jplovesthequads Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:45 pm

SPOILERS SPOILERS

Any movie that successfully makes the old bad trilogy not cannon anymore is a good movie for me. Plus I'm the biggest cyclops fan. When I saw him in the end it instantly made the movie THAT much better.
PPCHS-Bass/Quads/Snare '10-'13
MGAMB- Snare '12
FSU Big 8- Quads '14-15

Nathan Aaron Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:13 am

The whole ending sequence almost made me cry
'11-'14 Fall Snare
'13 Winter Snare
'14 Winter -Tacet
Spirit Snare 80 wrote:Moral of the story, if you want others to enjoy and play your creations, write them so normal people can play them.
http://nathanaaronphotography.wordpress.com/

TheOkayGatsby Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Re:

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:49 am

I really enjoyed First Class, I'll most probably see DoFP when it goes to DVD/ watching it for free on the internet. As for superheroes movies I actually love them, I love all these new movies because they are really taking these old characters who we've outgrown after seeing the same hijinks for 60 years and brining them into the modern age, giving them meaning to us again. Like I love how the Christian Bale batman movies brought all the old villians like the Joker into a new age, they actually made the Joker scary again, same thing for the scarecrow and bane! So I'm down with the new wave of superhero movies.
Dig past the surface of life and you'll live fuller.

Forza East Independent (PIO) 2014- Cymbals

TheKingofNone Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:39 am

^^^^ I am in no way afraid to admit that The Dark Knight is my favorite movie ever, period, no contest. I love that movie sooooo much lol
You cant just 'hit' a drum; you have to beat the s*** out of it. ~Eric Cartman

GSUS '15

I'm that guy who says he'll try out for drum corps next year and never does.
But I'm totally gonna try to march Alliance this summer.