Drum closet stories?

discuss everything else here

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Re: Drum closet stories?

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:54 pm

smoking weed is supposed to be relaxing. sounds like that was one of the most stressful and least relaxing situations you could have put yourself in
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.

gnarwall Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:23 pm

Yeah that's not too smart. Nature is the best area to experiment with greenery. There's like, trees and creeks and stuff.

I just remembered we had this thing called no pants club. We'd pile into the eq room after a game, take our uniforms off, stand around in our boxers, and eat oreos. It was awesome. I also remember finding a six month old sandwich in there one time. That was some freaky s***.

Kaitou Offline

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 pm

gnarwall wrote:Yeah that's not too smart. Nature is the best area to experiment with greenery. There's like, trees and creeks and stuff.

I just remembered we had this thing called no pants club. We'd pile into the eq room after a game, take our uniforms off, stand around in our boxers, and eat oreos. It was awesome. I also remember finding a six month old sandwich in there one time. That was some freaky s***.
We would do that too minus the Oreos..we would just hide until one of the girls walked in then all tackle her..fun times

We found like 8 used condoms in there my freshman year though..that was *beep* gross
TA67 wrote:She walked over to me and said "I formally request that you turn my body into a playground of lust and wonder, o burly man." To which I agreed. I laid her down on the desk, and well...we both got As for the entire semester as a result.
ImageImage

Lc_Drums Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:26 am

Kaitou wrote:
gnarwall wrote:Yeah that's not too smart. Nature is the best area to experiment with greenery. There's like, trees and creeks and stuff.

We would do that too minus the Oreos..we would just hide until one of the girls walked in then all tackle her..fun times

We found like 8 used condoms in there my freshman year though..that was *beep* gross
Occasionly some girl will get dragged back to the closet ._. and yea, my best friend who was a senior last year smoked before every practice and he was fine, i don't get how he did it because i hated it. Any other time i'm fine with smoking.

SolidSnake1162 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:45 pm

I have the rather odd ability to put my leg behind my head. Not both, but only one. So one day, our band director is talking to the rest of the band, and we go meet in the percussion cave. We just stood in there talking, messing around until he was done. I got the idea to try and put my leg behind my head while I was standing up. A feat that I had never accomplished. So, I tell everyone to watch me as I attempt to do it. This one kid in our drum line, okay bass drummer, HORRIBLE work ethic, but all around funny and cool guy, rushes at me and throws my leg behind my head since I couldn't get it. In the process, I fall backward into all of the latin/accessory instruments in the room. It was very loud, of course. So I get back up as soon as I can with the entire percussion section just busting up laughing at me. I quickly rush to the back corner of the room near the drum lockers and stand there like nothing happened. Luckily, nobody outside the band room seemed to notice.

Not a very great story, but I have other ones in store for the future that past members have told me.
Kaitou wrote:TAKE ME TO DIDDLEVILLE LEE CLARY

flamtaps5 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re:

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:46 pm

So much *bleep* went down in the percussion room.

-People from different sections would sneak off during band cakp to make out/have sex

-We'd play poker during class

-We'd have drumline initiations(which I didnt approve of)

-We'd talk about girls and other people in the band

-Basically just dick until we got in trouble
Josh
I play snare.

snurrplaya2132 Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:43 am

Now I don't feel too weirded out...
HHS
2010 - Machines in Motion *state champs*
2011 - The Work of Art *third place (snare captain)
2012- Gold (Snare captain)

Ratamaflamcheeses Offline
noob
noob

Re:

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Last year, me and my friends brought a Wii in the birdcage (our drum closet) and we played Super Smash Bros on it all year. The band director didnt really care either, so it just stuck. Now this year he's cracked down but it was fun while it lasted. Hopefully next year we'll bring it back.

Nathan Aaron Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:21 pm

Ahh, hanging ceiling tiles. AKA time capsules.
'11-'14 Fall Snare
'13 Winter Snare
'14 Winter -Tacet
Spirit Snare 80 wrote:Moral of the story, if you want others to enjoy and play your creations, write them so normal people can play them.
http://nathanaaronphotography.wordpress.com/

TheKingofNone Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:12 pm

Lc_Drums wrote:
snarescience wrote:We would sit around the table and play double-stroke rolls for increments of 10 minutes.
Haha We always have little chops contest like that, seeing who can hold out the longest and such
our back storage room is just a little room we keep our auxillaries in; depending on the day and whose doing what, inbetween the symphonic pieces in class we chill and BS, or just chop out to whatever someone brings in (oh yeah, we have a table-type thing with a rubber mat on top perfect for playing on).
You cant just 'hit' a drum; you have to beat the s*** out of it. ~Eric Cartman

GSUS '15

I'm that guy who says he'll try out for drum corps next year and never does.
But I'm totally gonna try to march Alliance this summer.

OsumMan Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:58 am

We have a jazz festival at our school every year, we are all forced to participate but it ends up that since so many band kids are there nobody does anything. Basically me and another percussionist spent a bunch of time being really sneaky about stealing a couple cases of soda from the soda that we were all supposed to donate to sell. We hid them in the drum room ceiling and would go back there during band class (does anyone actually pay attention during concert band?) and chill out and drink soda.

One day my band director goes back and notices a big chunk from the ceiling tile was missing because it dropped while we were trying to get to the sodas one day. We almost got busted but another kid talked us out of it.

Quadpower101 Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:48 am

It was eighth grade night at a football game and me and another tenor got in a fake yelling fight. Then we pushed eachother and I fell. All the eighth graders were freaked out, funniest thing ever.

Snare10111p2 Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:25 pm

We didn't have a drum closet, we had a percussion band hall.
We did things like, dizzy box, percussion olympics.
Percussion olympics was the best. We would throw one of those 6th grade practice pads with stand and see how far we could throw it.
Originally:Snare10111
SHS Xylophone/Crotales 2009- Romeo and Juliet
SHS Snare 2010- Nosferatu a Symphony of Terror
SHS Center Snare 2011- Rise up! The music of the lord of the rings
SHS Drum Captain/ Center Snare 2012- Arctic journey. The music of coldplay and sibelius
Class of 2017 University of North Texas music education Major.
UNT 2013 Cymbal Line

roastduck Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:50 pm

I feel like you're all breaking the first and second rules of the drum room...
Kyle Herring

Got a score you want cleaned up? Need quality audio files and click tracks for your group? PM me. I have Sibelius 7, VDL 2.5, and more free time than I'm comfortable with.

McNeese State University
Bass 08-10

Sam Houston High School
Instructor 08-11

Westlake High School (Westlake, LA)
Caption Head 11-present

St. Louis Catholic High School

baigern Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:18 am

Last year I used to mess with the section leader by hiding his sticks. One day, my friend decides to hide the SL's sticks. When the SL couldn't find his sticks, he hid my tenors in the ceiling. I have no idea how he did it but needles to say, it sucked getting those huge tenors out.
North Crowley High School
'12 - Garden of Dreams - Tenors
'13 - Revolution: The Music of Tchaikovsky - Tenors
'14 - Elegance and Power: The Classics - Tenors
'15 - Mirror of Me - Tenors

benhlady Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:53 pm

we had a huge foam fight in there once
Homestead High School 2018
SCVC 2017/2018

CoolInDenial Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:36 pm

I imagine a lot of great things would have happened in my high school drum room, if only it didn't smell so horrible.
SMAHS
2010-13: pit
2013-15: snare

PSU
2015: Cymbals