Becoming a percussion instructor.

discuss whatever it is that instructors discuss

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

PogoPantheon Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Re: Becoming a percussion instructor.

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:47 am

yeah, your interests will change. i'm probably going to try and get my undergrad in music education and/or performance and double major or minor in something like a foreign language or premed so i could get a graduate degree in general surgery or communications. I would love to teach and tech but in todays economy you just simply cannot support a family on that type of money.
i have marched in HS and Div. 2 DCI.
my opinions and comments are mine and mine alone, and in no way reflect the beliefs, teachings, or opinions of any group i am associated with.
sQuiGglyMuFflYWiGS wrote:when your about to go insane take the time to stop and appreciate how nice the color guard girls butt looks while shes wearing virtually nothing. give yourself a highfive then go back to being awesome at band.

alochsta Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Re: Becoming a percussion instructor.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:37 am

My teaching job pays just enough to to cover family vacation and xmas gifts each year. I have a real job to pay my bills. I'm pretty fortunate though. I found a decent paying job where I work overnights and work 8 days in a row to get 6 in a row off. It frees up a lot of time for me to teach.

If you divide my drumline instructor salary by the number of hours I put in teaching the line, I make about $0.15/hr... just to put it into perspective for those considering teaching.

You don't do it for the money...