Chesapeake Indoor Percussion

general discussion

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth, particleplatypus

iDrum Offline

Chesapeake Indoor Percussion

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:48 am

Ok so Maryland doesnt really have any indoor lines that compete in WGI so a couple of my instructors from my marching band decided to make an indoor line this year. 1 of our goals is to @ least go to the Coatesville Regionals. Our main goal is to get more young people involved with music in Maryland. Were hoping that if this winter line becomes successful many other school or programs will start there own winter line in Maryland. Were not expecting to make finals and go to Dayton this season since this is our 1st year but we do plan on doing so in the future...so if you live in Maryland or live close to Maryland feel free to ask me any questions and if you're interested theres plenty of contact info. on there.

http://www.chesapeakeindoor.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DHSnare09 Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Re: Chesapeake Indoor Percussion

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:43 pm

iDrum wrote:Ok so Maryland doesnt really have any indoor lines that compete in WGI so a couple of my instructors from my marching band decided to make an indoor line this year. 1 of our goals is to @ least go to the Coatesville Regionals. Our main goal is to get more young people involved with music in Maryland. Were hoping that if this winter line becomes successful many other school or programs will start there own winter line in Maryland. Were not expecting to make finals and go to Dayton this season since this is our 1st year but we do plan on doing so in the future...so if you live in Maryland or live close to Maryland feel free to ask me any questions and if you're interested theres plenty of contact info. on there.

how snares are you accepting?

iDrum Offline

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:42 pm

DHSnare09 wrote:
iDrum wrote:Ok so Maryland doesnt really have any indoor lines that compete in WGI so a couple of my instructors from my marching band decided to make an indoor line this year. 1 of our goals is to @ least go to the Coatesville Regionals. Our main goal is to get more young people involved with music in Maryland. Were hoping that if this winter line becomes successful many other school or programs will start there own winter line in Maryland. Were not expecting to make finals and go to Dayton this season since this is our 1st year but we do plan on doing so in the future...so if you live in Maryland or live close to Maryland feel free to ask me any questions and if you're interested theres plenty of contact info. on there.

how snares are you accepting?

about 7

Vega Offline
ROAF
ROAF

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:47 pm

man i wish i lived a live closer, id love to be apart of that
'10 (I)Anomaly Independent - SCGC PIO Champs⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
ಠ_ಠDarrius Dixon

A Promise

iDrum Offline

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:54 pm

Were officially WGI members now! It was finalized 2 days ago.

Ajificator Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:57 am

Sorry i would but im 3,600 or so miles away...

iDrum Offline

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:26 am

Ajificator wrote:Sorry i would but im 3,600 or so miles away...

lol its kool. If you know anybody around the Maryland area that has hands you can give them our website. That goes to anybody.

iDrum Offline

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:45 pm

Auditions are in November btw.

SCVfan51 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:41 am

iDrum wrote:Auditions are in November btw.
How much does it cost?
and are practices on weekends?
PHS snare 09-12
Phoenix Blue Percussion snare 12: What if? (AIA PIA gold)
innoVAtion indoor snare 2013

iDrum Offline

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:00 pm

SCVfan51 wrote:
iDrum wrote:Auditions are in November btw.
How much does it cost?
and are practices on weekends?

It's not that expensive. There will be 2 auditions. Seperate weekends. The cost of auditions is gonna be around $25-$35 and the total cost is gonna be around $300-$400. We'll have fundraisings to help pay for your dues.You can also do a payment plan. Tell your friends about it to see if there interest!....Oh yea, this is a non-profit organization.

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44031051433" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iDrum Offline

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:41 pm

EDIT: Chesapeake Indoor is the only WGI Percussion Ensemble in Maryland.

iDrum Offline

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:16 pm

Audition Information:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 404&ref=mf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iDrum Offline

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:02 pm

Theres still plenty of spots open for all sections so if you or anybody that you know lives in the maryland area feel free to come out and audition.

optsyn Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:09 am

Hey guys, I'm gonna give this one a bump.

If you're in the area... check these guys out. I know a few of the guys on staff down there.... it's gonna be a really quality program. Definitely check out the auditions if you can.

iDrum Offline

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:04 pm

Plus its only $400. If you pay $25 a week you'll pay for all your dues before the season is over. The whole staff are corps alumni's so this no joke. Just come out and check it out.

UHSnare45 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:19 pm

so when i frist clikced this thread i though it said cheapskate indoor percussion
UHS-Snare '09-'12(SL)
AAMB 2013 - Snare

Lwheeler4 Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:54 pm

UHSnare45 wrote:so when i frist clikced this thread i though it said cheapskate indoor percussion
Same here.
Lawrence Wheeler

Oxnard High School
C/O 2011 - Snare
San Diego State University
Fall '11 - Snare

iDrum Offline

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 am

We still need people in all sections so if you or someone that you know that lives in the Maryland area feel free to come on out and audition.

iDrum Offline

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:35 am

Ok so Peake is on it's 2nd season now and it's time to get started. If your interested on marching somewhere this season then heres your opportunity. Theres some reallyyyyyy good talent coming out this season so we'll be hitting hard. It wont hurt to just register and come out to auditions. Maybe you'll like it, maybe you wont, but you wont know until you come out and see what we have to offer. We have a great staff. They all marched at places such as United Percussion, Gateway, Crossmen, Jersey Surf, Southwind, Bushwackers, Cabs, Hurricanes, and Reading Bucs. We're more and likely going to get some help from a Blue Stars and Cavaliers alumni. Dues are pretty cheap so its affordable if your worried about it. We have a payment plan that lets you pay only $25.00 a week. Cant beat that. If you wanna build up your hands and get experience just come out and audition. We're no joke. We're working on eventually going to Open Class for WGI and then later on World Class. If you want to be a part of this journey than feel free to come check us out! Tell your friends and have them tell their friends. Check out our website for more information:

http://www.chesapeakeindoor.org/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PEAKE!

UDelSnare23 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:09 am

who from blue stars and reading is helping out?
George Mason University 17
Cadets Winter Percussion 14,15,16
Carolina Crown 15,16
Cadets2 12,13,14
Rhythm X 11, 12
Blue Stars 2010
United Percussion 09, 10
Reading Buccaneers 2009
University of Delaware 08, 09, 10

I'm here because I like talking about drums...my opinions don't reflect any of the above ensembles.

iDrum Offline

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:18 am

UDelSnare23 wrote:who from blue stars and reading is helping out?
Kris Marsh from Blue stars and Trevor Santora from Reading. Trev was our bass tech last year and Kris came to like 1-2 rehearsals last season. According to the staff he'll be helping out a more this season to help out

UDelSnare23 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:55 pm

iDrum wrote:
UDelSnare23 wrote:who from blue stars and reading is helping out?
Kris Marsh from Blue stars and Trevor Santora from Reading. Trev was our bass tech last year and Kris came to like 1-2 rehearsals last season. According to the staff he'll be helping out a more this season to help out
Word, sounds good
George Mason University 17
Cadets Winter Percussion 14,15,16
Carolina Crown 15,16
Cadets2 12,13,14
Rhythm X 11, 12
Blue Stars 2010
United Percussion 09, 10
Reading Buccaneers 2009
University of Delaware 08, 09, 10

I'm here because I like talking about drums...my opinions don't reflect any of the above ensembles.

iDrum Offline

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:21 pm

We have another audition this weekend. If anybody is still interested in marching somewhere this year feel free to come out!

Cheasapeake Percussion

MarioLikesToDrum Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:15 pm

Hey man! I was wondering if the program is still going on. I know I am a little late and by that I mean 6 years late but I was 10 then and didn't know what any of this was. I searched for groups in Maryland and you came up on the WGI page. I clicked the group's name and saw they had a website link, But when I went to click on it, it seems like it doesn't work. I just want to know if you guys are still going and running as a program or have you guys just gave up on the whole deal. I am EXTREMELY interested as I am looking for experience to march world class. Thank you and have a good day!