SnareScience Transcription Library

general discussion

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth, particleplatypus

MrSirEric Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re: SnareScience Transcription Library

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:00 pm

I was going through old files and I found this one and decided to do some editing since I never was completely happy with this the first time I posted it. Much happier with this one, both with the layout and the accuracy.

Attachments
SCV 2017 Opener.pdf
(90.93 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Cedar Park High School
'15 "What's Opera Doc" - Bass 4: State Champions
'16 "All Hallows' Eve" - Snare: Grand Nationals 5th Place
'17 "The Steadfast Tin Soldier" - Snare: State Champions, Lonestar Classic Gold Medal, Snare Caption
'18 "On With The Show" - Center Snare

"I can't sit down long enough to absorb any kind of learning."
~Buddy Rich

markfoster Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Stuff from this season. The Pulse snare solo and AQ's quad break. I've got Matrix's quad break coming later.
Attachments
AtlantaQuest'19TenorsFeature.pdf
(112.65 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Pulse'19SnareSolo.pdf
(112.72 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
DeKalb High School 2013-2017
Indiana University 2017-2018

Mrnicknick02 Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:09 am

Here's the snare break taken from Eric's transcription and I gave credit before anyone says anything
Attachments
SCV_2017_Opening_Snare_Break.pdf
(44.48 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
HS:
17-Bass 3, later rack (back problems)
18-Snare

noahrhedges Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:55 am

Mrnicknick02 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:09 am
Here's the snare break taken from Eric's transcription and I gave credit before anyone says anything
Dude, this is kind of un called for. There's like a hundred different transcriptions of this segment and I'm surprised you had the nerve to say that you transcribed it. The only reason why I'm confused is because you said you credited Eric, but then you said that YOU transcribed it. What is that man, come on. Gotta be smarter than that. People transcribe things for a reason, there's no point in simply copying someone else's work and making it your own. Had you credited Eric correctly, I wouldn't have said anything, but I am 100% sure that you did NOT transcribe this.
Cedar Park, TX
'16 "All Hallow's Eve" - Snare
'17 "The Steadfast Tin Soldier" - Snare
'18 "On With The Show" - Snare
'19 "Icarus - After The Fall - Center Snare
BOA Grand Nats 5th Place Finalist '16
Lonestar Classic Champions '17
UIL Texas State Champions '17
Dripping Springs Drumline Invitational Champions '18

"balls." - Marcus Neudigate

nickfenech88 Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:42 pm

noahrhedges wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:55 am
Mrnicknick02 wrote:
Dude, this is kind of un called for. There's like a hundred different transcriptions of this segment and I'm surprised you had the nerve to say that you transcribed it. The only reason why I'm confused is because you said you credited Eric, but then you said that YOU transcribed it. What is that man, come on. Gotta be smarter than that. People transcribe things for a reason, there's no point in simply copying someone else's work and making it your own. Had you credited Eric correctly, I wouldn't have said anything, but I am 100% sure that you did NOT transcribe this.
Dude chill lmao

Mrnicknick02 Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:06 pm

noahrhedges wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:55 am
Mrnicknick02 wrote:
Then what should I have done then?
HS:
17-Bass 3, later rack (back problems)
18-Snare

Phrygianhalfcadence Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:41 am

Mrnicknick02 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:06 pm
Then what should I have done then?
When I transcribed the RX19 show, there was already one movement transcribed by Jonathan Camarena. I just copied his transcription into my own style/file made a few adjustments and credited him for the transcription, didn't add my name at all. In reality, he did all the work and I just copied it. That's why I gave him all the credit. I would have done the same in your situation. All you did was just copy what Eric transcribed so he should get all the credit.
Genesis 2017 - The Other Side of Now
Genesis 2018 - Retrovertigo

collinmce Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:20 am

MrSirEric wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:00 pm
I was going through old files and I found this one and decided to do some editing since I never was completely happy with this the first time I posted it. Much happier with this one, both with the layout and the accuracy.

Hey Eric, here's some corrections I have from the original music. The paradiddle-diddle should be puhduhduhs in measure 10. (I'm not 100% sure on this because I didn't look at a video but it's on the page) Measure 20 should be 4lets ending on the + of 2 instead of 6lets. The 6let in m.21 should also be a 4let. The 4let roll in m.23 should be a triplet roll into sixteenth note singles.

Also I have the closer for this year on notebook paper if anyone wants to put it in a program.

- Collin
Vista Ridge High School
2015 - Bass 5
2016 - Snare
2017 - Center Snare
Leander High School
2018 - Snare
Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets
2019 - Snare