Not marching age out

general discussion

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth, particleplatypus

hln7844 Offline
noob
noob

Not marching age out

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:57 am

Hey guys how's it going? This summer is my age out for DCI and I made the decision not to march earlier on. I was wondering if there is anyone who hasn't marched their age out for DCI and see if anyone is on the same boat as I am? After spending four summers doing drum corp, I thought I would call it quits, but after seeing YouTube videos of groups through out this summer, it has made me kinda regret on not marching this summer, but I will definitely be marching my age out for WGI this upcoming winter season.
CDHS 2010-2014 Marching Band and Indoor Drumline
Hawthorne Caballeros 2013
Fusion Core 2014
PSUid 2015
Jersey Surf 2015
Bushwackers 2016
Imperial Dynasty 2017

Spirit Snare 80 Offline
chops master
chops master

Re: Not marching age out

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:38 am

I did not march my age out year either. After marching snare with the Spirit of Atlanta, my home town started a corps,
Southwind and I was approached to head up the percussion section. It was a difficult decision but one that I don't regret.
I gained invaluable experience as a writer and instructor and $300 a month! For a college student in 1981 that was some
cool cash. I did that for two years and then graduated from college and became a band director. No regrets.
Husband, Dad, Music Educator, Drummer