When I hit my snare it sounds like my bottom head is being hit mixed with the sound of a regular high tension snare drum

general discussion

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth, particleplatypus

JURRIUN Offline
noob
noob

When I hit my snare it sounds like my bottom head is being hit mixed with the sound of a regular high tension snare drum

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:55 pm

So, I bought this Pearl Championship FFX snare drum with a Remo Black max and a Remo Ambassador but, when I hit my snare drum, it sounds like it hit my bottom head with the sound a regular marching snare should make. So the sound is like when I hit my bottom head the tone of my bottom head is being mixed with the sound of a regular marching snare drum. I tried putting paper but is didn't work. I tried turning my snare strainer on it still didn't work the sound raised in pitch. I tried tightening my snare wire it still made the sound. How do I fix this?

MrSirEric Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re: When I hit my snare it sounds like my bottom head is being hit mixed with the sound of a regular high tension snare

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:18 am

Could you take a video of you playing on the drum in various ways (tapping the bottom head, playing on the top head, snares off/snares on) and maybe share a link to it or something in this thread so we can get a better example of the sound? I have an idea of what it might be but I'm not sure.
Cedar Park High School
'15 "What's Opera Doc" - Bass 4: State Champions
'16 "All Hallows' Eve" - Snare: Grand Nationals 5th Place
'17 "The Steadfast Tin Soldier" - Snare: State Champions, Lonestar Classic Gold Medal, Snare Caption
'18 "On With The Show" - Center Snare

"I can't sit down long enough to absorb any kind of learning."
~Buddy Rich

JURRIUN Offline
noob
noob

Re: When I hit my snare it sounds like my bottom head is being hit mixed with the sound of a regular high tension snare

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:51 am

https://youtu.be/aPTmr6lR0U8 It sounds like this but this is a review for an Evans head I recently just replaced my heads so I have an Evans hybrid white and an Evans mx5. I can still hear the sound if I put tape and paper on the bottom or if a turn the snare strainer on I tried 3 different kinds of bottom heads they still made the sound and 2 different top heads and still made the sound

MrSirEric Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:49 pm

What was wrong with the drum in the review? I don't really understand what the problem here is
Cedar Park High School
'15 "What's Opera Doc" - Bass 4: State Champions
'16 "All Hallows' Eve" - Snare: Grand Nationals 5th Place
'17 "The Steadfast Tin Soldier" - Snare: State Champions, Lonestar Classic Gold Medal, Snare Caption
'18 "On With The Show" - Center Snare

"I can't sit down long enough to absorb any kind of learning."
~Buddy Rich

JURRIUN Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:33 pm

The problem is there is an overtone that is not a ring that i do not like

JURRIUN Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:34 pm

like did you hear a deep sound other than the snare that was it

JURRIUN Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:41 pm

i will make a video hold on

JURRIUN Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:51 pm