Help with tenor hardware

general discussion

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth, particleplatypus

anthonydrums Offline
noob
noob

Help with tenor hardware

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:52 pm

My drumline uses the randall may contour hinge carriers for our drums, and I just got my harness today(I play tenors). With the tenors, one kid in my line can flip his drums up and down fine, but the other kid's tenor sometimes locks and gets stuck when he flips the drum up because of something with the bar and the carrier part. Is there any way to fix this so mine doesn't get stuck?

MrSirEric Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re: Help with tenor hardware

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:06 pm

You have to make sure you lock in your drums correctly when you first put them on the harness. If you look at the drums, the bar that connects to your harness rotates, and there should be two little plates that touch two little rubber studs on the ends of the bar. Make sure that when your drums are down in playing position that the plates touch the rubber studs, and when you pull your drums up, you just rotate the bar, and that you're not lifting the drum off the harness. If you lift them off and lock them in in the up position while the plates touch the rubber studs, your drums will lock.
Cedar Park High School
'15: Bass 4
'16 - '18: Snare

University of North Texas
'19: Snare

"I can't sit down long enough to absorb any kind of learning." ~Buddy Rich