"View first unread post" links are broken on the "Unread posts" page

general discussion

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth, particleplatypus

Zeta12ti Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

"View first unread post" links are broken on the "Unread posts" page

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:22 am

I don't know who's able to fix this, so I'll just post it here. Since the website update a few days ago, the little orange mark by the title of posts with unread comments has linked to the wrong place. It seems like they work when you're in the actual subforum (general, PracticePad, technique, etc.), but when looking from the "Unread posts" page, the links just lead back to the "Unread posts" page.

I hope this is fixable soon, since that's the main way that I browse this forum these days.

EDIT: New Posts is also similarly broken: the orange links just lead back to the New Posts page.

Zeta12ti Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Re: "View first unread post" links are broken on the "Unread posts" page

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:48 pm

...and three weeks later I finally figured it out. For whatever reason, on the "Unread posts" "New posts" and "Your posts" pages only, the link to the oldest unread post is the big icon to the left of the post, rather than the small orange flag with the arrow pointing to it. I'm not sure why it changed, why it only applies to those pages, or why it took me so long to figure out, but there we go.