Welcome and introductions

general discussion

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth, particleplatypus

Rekrap Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:05 pm

Hey, What's up.
I'm Parker and I'm from Memphis, TN and I'm 14. I mainly play snare, but I am starting to get my marimba chops up. I just auditioned for BLOO in November but I didn't get a call back. They said I need to get experience.
Anyway, just a few days ago I auditioned for Memphis Sound and got a callback $$$$$ (yeah the money signs were random).
But yeah hopefully I will march a good 7 years! IM OUT 8)
Mempho Snare 09
Bluecoats and MCM=:)
Yeah.

doublebassheeltoe Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:22 pm

Yo dude, you got some serious chops. Just thought I'd let you know.
There's no way around reality, and there's no way to fix things that have already happened. It is what it is, we are what we are, and there is nothing more to life than that. Rule #9.

Rekrap Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:25 am

LOL Thanks Dude
Your a really good player yourself! :P
Mempho Snare 09
Bluecoats and MCM=:)
Yeah.

phantomarsh Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:52 am

Hi, I'm Marshall and I'm Rekrap's twin brother. Basically everything that's on his thing is the same with me! My youtube user name is phantomarsh as well, so don't get me and my brother mixed up! lol
Memphis Sound '09 snare
BLOO!

Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:58 pm

.....Wait, what?
There's no way around reality, and there's no way to fix things that have already happened. It is what it is, we are what we are, and there is nothing more to life than that. Rule #9.

rudlka89 Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:05 pm

doublebassheeltoe wrote:.....Wait, what?
This is not a difficult concept.
NEW BOARD-APPROVED CODE: "Retard" and its variants are now replaced by "SCV." "Homosexual" and its variants, "Phantom." "Go kill yourself" and its variants, "Go watch Phantom Regiment."

Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:08 pm

I know. But I thought.... dammit.

*beep*.

cantbeatadrummer Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:43 pm

I dont know why I didnt do this when I first joined but I guess now is a better time than never.

Hey what's up my name is Orren (Yes I know that I have an unusual name (I like it spelled backwards better)). I live in Yuma, AZ and I play for the Yuma High Drumline. This year we got a Superior at state and I couldnt be happier. Sadly though our school lacks the funds to have a legitimate indoor line so we're are trying to start our own independent line soon (hopefully by next year) to be called "Blaze".

I have wanted to march drum corps for as long as I can remember. I just think that its the *beep*. Next year I plan on joining the Academy and playing 5th bass. Oh I forgot to mention that I play bass. Yeah im 1st at my school but i played 5th for two years and I think that it was more fun so I want to try out for it instead. My mentors are Aaron and Justin Croutch who both marched Academy two years ago and are expected to audition for the Blue Devils next year.

That about does it. Yeah
-Orren(Oreo)

flamtap5293 Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:58 am

Hey yall, my name's Adam. I live in Atoka, TN which is just a little north of Memphis. I'm on the drumline at Munford High School, we got best percussion at state this year and 2nd overall. It was an awesome season. I play tenors right now, but I hope to get back on snare for next season. I've always wanted to march corps, and I plan to audition for either Spirit or Crown next year. Well, that's about it for now. Later..

bennettsnare320 Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:56 pm

hey my names vivek. live in salisbury, Md. ive been a member of the forum for a pretty long time but never posted, just read and used the exercises. figured i might as well start posting

PanasonicYouth Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Welcome to the forums, you two!

I'll be the first to warn you not to say anything stupid to rudlka89; you'll be sorry. :lol:

Other than that, I think you'll find this a nice, friendly, resourceful place.

Obaterista93 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:00 pm

PanasonicYouth wrote:Welcome to the forums, you two!

I'll be the first to warn you not to say anything stupid to rudlka89; you'll be sorry. :lol:

haha you should sticky a warning label about shail.
WAHS Front Ensemble 2007
WAHS Snareline 2008
WAHS Snareline 2009
Hawthorne Cabelleros Front Ensemble 2009
Hawthorne Cabelleros Snareline 2010
ಠ_ಠ

Amarshall89 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:59 pm

Obaterista93 wrote:

haha you should sticky a warning label about shail.
I second this. hahah
Gateway Indoor Percussion-snare 09
03-04 tenors
04-05 bass 1
05-06, 06-07 snare
All at Guthrie High
UCO-snare

bennettsnare320 Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:26 pm

thanks man. lol yeah i saw that one post where he most likely pushed pearltenors into a deep maniacal depression.
james m bennett drumline
bass 1 - 06
snare - 07
snare co capt. - 08
snare capt. - 09

PanasonicYouth Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:37 pm

We haven't seen pearltenors in months, now that you remind me. :?

Amarshall89 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:35 pm

I was thinking about that after I saw that same post. But I thought I saw a random post from him like 2 days ago somewhere? I dunno.
Gateway Indoor Percussion-snare 09
03-04 tenors
04-05 bass 1
05-06, 06-07 snare
All at Guthrie High
UCO-snare

snare2011 Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:52 pm

i didn't do this right away, but oh well

i'm Micah, i go to eastern high school in greentown indiana, we are a small band, but we are usually one of the ten best in our division. i have marched snare for two years, and am section leader in my second. i am only a sophmore so i guess this might be considered an accomplishment somewhat.

we have an indoor program and i have been doing that since i was in seventh grade. we did concert indoor for two years and now this is our second year doing movement, we don't compete in wgi, only indiana percussion association.

i want to do drum corp eventually and i want to be on the university of michigan drumline.

thats pretty much it.
EHS 2nd bass 06
EHS end snare 07
EHS center snare 08
EHS center snare 09

tenorzgalore Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:33 pm

i do muay tai, isshinryu, and a lil ju-jitsu
Northern York High School

Freshman 08-arctic adventure-center tenor, tenor line section leader. 2nd place at ACCs and 2nd at Chapters.

pvdlsonn Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:04 pm

hey whats up im mike.
i live in AZ and ive been drumming since about the sixth grade. im a sophmore now and march snare at my high school but plan to go onto dci and wgi. i was gonna audition for paragon arts this year but i would have to drive about 300 miles each weekend and that was not cool haha.
hope to see some of you guys that are my age in the future of dci!

Matriak Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:16 pm

My name's Chandler, I go to Adolfo Camarillo High School and we suck. The best drummer we ever pumped out barely made Mystikal. So I didn't really know that drumming could actually be legit until the end of my sophomore year when I stumbled upon the RCC 06 snare break vid. I'm hoping I can make a World Class Corps by the time I age out just to prove that our school can turn out some decent percussionists. ^_^
Adolfo Camarillo High School - Snare

avsnare Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm Alex, and even though I've been following a lot of these forums for a few months, this is my first post. Im on the cherokee drumline from Malrton, NJ. A lot of our alumni march various drum corps, most notably our center snare from 2007, Ashley, who marched CC over the summer. As of last year we pretty much owned everyone else in our division(ussba group 4/5 northeastern). but last season, which was my first year, we had a new tech and we didnt win a single drum trophy( lots of second place tho :? ), and we broke the six year all-state high percussion winning streak. I was on 4th bass, and i'll be on snare next year.

Hopefully I'll be able to do WGI this season with United Percussion because one of their snares dropped out, and our tech techs there so i might be able to. I'd want to try out for some open class corps next year, and hopefully age out with the cadets, cuz, frankly, they're BA.
Cherokee Drumline
08 bass 4
09 center snare/el capitan

Raiders 2010

AWA Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops
Location: West Deptford, New Jersey, The United States of America, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:54 pm

I just noticed this thread lol.

Hi, my name is Glenn Dawson, and I am a percussionist. *Hi, Glenn!* Hi, everyone.

When I first started playing, I only played concert snare, and since it was middle school band, I sucked. Everyone did back then. About three years into playing, I decided to learn how to play the *beep* xylophone that our school had. My band teacher was a great guy, but a terrible teacher of percussion. I ended up teaching myself how to read music and how to translate dots on a staff to a keyboard.

So here I am, a sophomore in high school. I've gotten much better at keyboard technique, and I'm beginning to learn how to properly play unpitched percussion (drums, traps, etc.). I've already got a basic understanding, but I would love any more advanced tips or tricks that people would be willing to share.

I'm hoping to play snare for my high school marching band next year; the last two years I've played keyboard.

I'm decent at transposing and writing, but I'm still learning!

I hope I have a great learning experience here.

PanasonicYouth Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:06 pm

avsnare wrote:hopefully age out with the cadets, cuz, frankly, they're BA.
Bad actors?

just messin'

avsnare Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:18 pm

i mean besides last season
Cherokee Drumline
08 bass 4
09 center snare/el capitan

Raiders 2010

brsnare308 Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:23 pm

[quote="avsnare"]I'm Alex, and even though I've been following a lot of these forums for a few months, this is my first post. Im on the cherokee drumline from Malrton, NJ. A lot of our alumni march various drum corps, most notably our center snare from 2007, Ashley, who marched CC over the summer. As of last year we pretty much owned everyone else in our division(ussba group 4/5 northeastern). but last season, which was my first year, we had a new tech and we didnt win a single drum trophy( lots of second place tho :? )[quote]

Whats up man....im from Bridgewater....
BRHS Pit 2006
BRHS Snare 2007
BRHS Snare 2008
BRHS Drum Major 2009