Welcome and introductions

general discussion

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth, particleplatypus

Jason Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re: Welcome and introductions

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi so i like drums and stuff. My name is Jason
¸,¤°ˆˆ°¤,¸..............¸,¤°ˆˆ°¤,¸..Jå$øn..¸,¤°ˆˆ°¤,¸...............¸,¤°ˆˆ°¤,..
...............ˆ°¤,¸¸,¤°ˆ.............D®µm G33K............ˆ°¤,¸¸,¤°ˆ..............

'12-'13 MHS Alto Sax "Latin Heat"
'13-'14 MHS Flute "Riverdance"
'14-'15 MHS Marimba "Styx"
'15-'16 MHS Snare "Hard Rock"
billc36 wrote:My posts are mine and mine alone.
They do not now or in the future represent any group, person (both living and dead) that I have been, am currently, or will be in the future associated with.

lucylalonde Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi, I'm Lucy. I'm 16 and I march in high school (cymbals last year, tri-tenors this year, quints or snare next year. He hasn't set the line yet) and play kit at home
Hoping to march bass with a college line in the east coast area (looking at umass and rutgers) and then a corps, whether it's dci or dca. Whatever I can make and pay for, although the bluecoats are my dream corps.
I like playing tenors and snare too, but I love bass splits too much to actually want to march on them.

kodviar86 Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:01 am

Hi everyone! I'm Kris. I'm a full time music staff member at a middle school, percussion ensemble director, and high school battery tech. Glad to be here!
Last edited by kodviar86 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Director of HMS Percussion Ensemble
Battery tech at MPHS
WWU Drumline Member Alumni
Die hard Blue Devils fan

ClintonArrowDrums Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi, I'm Walker. I've been in the High School band and Indoor percussion at Clinton High School (Clinton, MS) for two years now. I'm in 10th grade, 16 years old. Last Year I played Bass 2 in Marching band and Bass 5 in Indoor. We received 2nd in A class at Dayton last indoor season. This year, I met my goal of making the snare line, having a successful marching season, and receiving 1st place in Percussion at state championships. Now I'm currently playing snare this indoor season, and we're competing on Open class in WGI and World Class in the state. I decided to join SnareScience mainly because I feel that it can be nothing beneficial for me to have a community that does what I love to do. I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi.

swagmoney Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi
I'm new here and I have no idea what this is.
Please help me out.

PsychGuy274 Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Hello,

My name is Rich and I'm 25 years old. I drummed in the Etiwanda High School Marching Eagle Regiment from 2003-2006. I was center quad for two seasons. I studied under Chris Romanowski my first year and then Pete Sapadin for the rest of the time. I never marched corps and I was told I would regret it if I didn't. Fast forward eight years and I'm now a law enforcement officer at a university out here in Colorado. I was on patrol a couple months ago and I saw our drumline practicing. I stopped by, said hi, and watched them for a while and then I got, "the itch," again. When I got home I pulled out my old quad pad, bought some new sticks and started drumming again. I'm still working out some of the cob webs and I'm starting to get my chops back, but I still have a ways to go. Now I am seeing what my instructors meant by, "You'll regret not doing corps.

At least I'm drumming again.
-----

Yes, I'm cop and yes, I drum. No, nothing I say is legal advice.

CheeseDiddleEgg5 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:24 am

Howdy, everyone. I used to be an active member on this site about 5 or more years ago, but then stopped. And now I'm back! I'm mostly a drumset drummer but I'm very interested in rudimental drumming.
Don't read this.

UncomfortablyDynamic Offline
noob
noob

Re:

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:02 am

Hello, my name is Gabriel and I'm in my last year of high school drum corps with three years of experience playing bass 3 and I'm marching snare this year. I love studying rudimental drumming and I've recently started playing a little drumkit. Ryan Wold's youtube channel has taught me a lot and pointed me to this forum which has taught me even more and kept me up to date with the marching scene. I've been kind of a lurker for the past few months checking out this site and I'm glad to say that I've decided to make an account. I hope to not just learn things but also help other people learn things as a community. Thanks for reading! :D

boswell39 Offline
noob
noob

Re:

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:00 am

Hello, I'm Greg :D

1974 Thunderbolt Kadets Drum and Bugle Corps of Cedarburg, WI
1975 Freshman in Cedarburg High School marching band and still in the Thunderbolts
1976 Promoted to the Pioneer Drum and Bugle Corps and played bass #2
1977 Pioneer tri-tenor (for the young people, three drums, quads were not heard of)
1978 Pioneer snare line and co-section leader
1979-1982 Pioneer snare line section leader and jr. staff
1983-1990(??) Corps manager for Pioneer II, percussion instructor for both Pioneer II and Pioneer
during the years away from the activity, I really couldn't get enough of marching percussion. Went to all the local shows and rehearsal sites,
but just didn't have the time to be involved. :(
2012-present Percussion caption head for Greenfield High School in Greenfield, WI :D :D

Gaddabout Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Hi, I'm Matt.

My "career" isn't much of a career, but I was the 1988 Arizona PAS rudiment champion. It's a lame thing to boast about because it was eons ago, but credibility is what it is. (I won in spite of including several ill-advised jokes about Rob Carson, who was a judge, as part of my solo ... I cringe at the thought today).

I never marched DCI because I was an awful student, but I was lucky enough to work with some amazing instructors in high school, including Randall Beach and Mark Adams. I drop their names here because I'd love to connect with other folks from that era (or reconnect).

My life has settled in nearly 30 years beyond high school, and I'm taking this stuff up as a hobby. I never really stopped playing, but when you haven't picked up sticks and really gone after the cheese in three decades ... the fulcrum gets a little creaky and wobbly.

I'm hoping to learn from all of you, young and old.

CoolInDenial Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:48 am

Hey, guys.

I started playing trapset when I was about 8 and began mallet percussion when I was 11. I played in my high schools Marching Band and Indoor Drumline for 5 years, my first 3 in the pit and my last 2 on snare drum. Now I'm a freshman Criminology/Sociology major at Penn State, where I am on the cymbal line. I'm hoping to audition for some WGI groups next season, and if my finances will ever permit, I'd love to march drum corps.

I never got very good at set, but I'd say I'm decent at other areas of percussion. I also play guitar and keyboard, sing, and I really enjoy acting.

I've been using snarescience for a few years now as a place to find new warm ups and transcriptions, read, etc., and I have finally decided to join. So here I am and I look forward to learning even more here. :)
SMAHS
2010-13: pit
2013-15: snare

PSU
2015: Cymbals

Diddling Paradise Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:25 am

Hi I'm 13 and I'm from Malaysia. Beginner but I'm getting by day(i think :P ) and I love the Bluecoats and it's like a pretty huge yet impossible dream to March for them because I don't live in the USA. Anyways,it's a pleasure to be on this site.

flamtaps5 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:06 pm

Hey guys, it's been a while and I would like to say I'm sorry for not posting so few times on this site. This site is this site is this site is this site. And this site shall not go gently into that good night.
Josh
I play snare.