Snare openings for DCI world/open 2016?

general discussion

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth, particleplatypus

Csewell Offline
noob
noob

Snare openings for DCI world/open 2016?

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:41 am

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for any snare drum holes/openings for this Summer. The last few months, I've been fighting for a snare drum spot on a top 12 DCI world class drum line, and unfortunately, I was cut this last weekend. I'm hoping it's not too late to find a position somewhere else!

If you have any information on lines still accepting video/face-to-face auditions, please let me know! Any and all help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Snare Playa Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re: Snare openings for DCI world/open 2016?

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm

I am 99% Sure that the following corps still have openings: Pioneer, Legends, Pacific Crest, and Raiders. Troopers still have audition info up on their website but IDK maybe they all do.
Hey you, reading this; if you currently don't have a Snarescience account, please feel free to make one and join the conversation. It's free and only takes a minute!

HS
'14: Bass 3
'15: Snare

'18 Carolina Crown Hopeful

Snare Playa Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:35 pm

I am 99% Sure that the following corps still have openings: Pioneer, Legends, Pacific Crest, and Raiders. Troopers still have audition info up on their website but IDK maybe they all do.
Hey you, reading this; if you currently don't have a Snarescience account, please feel free to make one and join the conversation. It's free and only takes a minute!

HS

Snare Playa Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:37 pm

Also it might help you to maybe stay with that corps but in perhaps as a cymbal or rack player. I'm sure that they would like to see that you still want to be a part of the corps history and legacy even though you didn't make your first instrument. They'd probably really respect that and if you proved yourself on that part they'd most likely really, *really* consider you for next year, especially considering you made the first couple rounds of cuts is year.

HS

SolidSnake1162 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:08 pm

Snare Playa wrote:I am 99% Sure that the following corps still have openings: Pioneer, Legends, Pacific Crest, and Raiders. Troopers still have audition info up on their website but IDK maybe they all do.
Legends has set their battery already.
Kaitou wrote:TAKE ME TO DIDDLEVILLE LEE CLARY

VoteLobster Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:29 am

Snare spots tend to fill up pretty quick. You should be able to find some front ensemble or maybe some battery spots open. Check the corps outside of the top 12 and look at open class. Open class a lot of the time don't set their entire lineup until January or February. Email the staff - sometimes they'll let you send in a video for a callback.
Alex Douglass
MCDC 16, 17 PR 18