Lot Warmup Song Ideas

general discussion

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth, particleplatypus

TheKingofNone Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Lot Warmup Song Ideas

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:27 am

Yo, so the basic idea is that I want to write a lot warmup better than 8 on a hand for my old high school in an attempt to get the book-writing job that has recently opened. It's a itty bitty band with a low level drum line, but I love those guys and always regretted that the only warmups we ever played were 8s and chicken n rolls. Idk if this will come to fruition because I'm a lazy bum who rarely finishes stuff like this but hey why not, I could make money.

So anyways, throw out some groovy songs I could write some beats to along with a decent pit part as well. I was thinking about an accent tap based off of "Clocks" by Coldplay but the pit would probably hate it in a week. If you got any ideas throw me out here, I'm all ears.
You cant just 'hit' a drum; you have to beat the s*** out of it. ~Eric Cartman

GSUS '15

I'm that guy who says he'll try out for drum corps next year and never does.
But I'm totally gonna try to march Alliance this summer.

FatMatt Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Re:

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:28 pm

Pieces of Eight by Neil Peart might make for a cool warm-up. I don't know anything about front ensemble pedagogy, though, so I can't vouch for how adaptable it would be to something useful for front ensemble. There are like three main sections, and it could be as simple or involved as you needed it to be.

NC State Drumline (2007–2010)
Instructor: Athens Drive HS (2009–2011), Weber State Indoor Percussion (2013–2015)

Warm-ups, cadences, and more... http://www.fatmattdrums.com/

Check out my collection of street beats and stadium grooves, "Track and Burn", from Tapspace!

Take command of space and time with Rudiment Control!

CoolInDenial Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Re: Lot Warmup Song Ideas

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:05 pm

My high school did Radioactive by Imagine Dragons my senior year. Personally I'd love to see something like Nicky Romero's Toulouse or Steve Aoki's Boneless done. Might be a bit tricky though.
SMAHS
2010-13: pit
2013-15: snare

PSU
2015: Cymbals