Triplet Diddles

submit youtube videos for discussion and critique by fellow snarescience members

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

BobW Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Triplet Diddles

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:18 am

Nick has been working on his basic technique since his earlier RA48 and Eights and Sevens, Thirteen video submissions.

In this new video, he is playing a Triplet Diddles exercise preparing for Colt Cadets snare.

He notes that on the last phrase, my diddles were too high; downstrokes would be at a 6 or lower when adding accents on the beat, left hand diddles may have been too slurred. My observation is his left bead drifts back and forth over about an inch-and-a-half range.

He has been working mostly on grip and getting the right mixture of am, wrist, and finger for DCI.

Isaiah.Lamb Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Re: Triplet Diddles

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:02 pm

BobW wrote:Nick has been working on his basic technique since his earlier RA48 and Eights and Sevens, Thirteen video submissions.

In this new video, he is playing a Triplet Diddles exercise preparing for Colt Cadets snare.

He notes that on the last phrase, my diddles were too high; downstrokes would be at a 6 or lower when adding accents on the beat, left hand diddles may have been too slurred. My observation is his left bead drifts back and forth over about an inch-and-a-half range.

He has been working mostly on grip and getting the right mixture of am, wrist, and finger for DCI.

Technique is starting to look really good. I think the next step is understanding how to utilize the rebound of the head and allowing the stick and sound to resonate.