My Guitar Center Drum-Off Perfornance

submit youtube videos for discussion and critique by fellow snarescience members

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

Oprah Winfrey Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

My Guitar Center Drum-Off Perfornance

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:17 am

So I was sitting in the library at school yesterday, doing homework. I started thinking about the Drum-Off for some reason, and I wondered if it was still going on. I figured it had probably already wrapped up for the year, but I called Guitar Center and found out that it was week two of the preliminary rounds. I asked if there were any spots left to play, and the guy said yes. This happened at like 5:45, and I had to be there at 6:30. I jumped in the car, hit Hwy 80 and got to GC at 6:22.

It had been literally one year (to the day?) since I'd held drumsticks in my hand. I got up to play, hoping some wave of inspiration would hit me, but nothing came. The guy started counting off my time, and inwardly I was like, "Wait! Let me think of something to play!" Haha... But yeah, for better or worse, this is what came out: