BLUEDEVILS2010SNAREOPENER

submit youtube videos for discussion and critique by fellow snarescience members

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

flamtaps5 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

BLUEDEVILS2010SNAREOPENER

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:21 am

I hate spaces.

Aside from the many obvious mistakes please let me know if you saw anything bad.
Thanks
Josh
I play snare.

Always Improving Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Re:

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:49 am

Make sure you keep your pinky on the stick in the right handed triple strokes. And let the eighth note diddles flow, it seems like you're choking the sticks, and therefore crushing the diddle slightly. This is much more apparent on the accented diddles.
Besides this, that was pretty good. Just watch the spaces between notes
DHS 2012 - Pit
DHS 2013-2014 - Snare

GSU 2016 - Snare

Atlanta CV 2014-2016 - Snare

CVI 2015 - Snare
Q2 2018 - Snare
AQ 2019 - Snare

c_maher12 Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Re: BLUEDEVILS2010SNAREOPENER

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:32 am

Hello,
My only inquiry would be why you would post a video knowing of the many mistakes and then asking for a critique? This is meant as a critique in your educative growth. If you know that you need to fix certain aspects of this performance; then do so! After you have polished the piece to where you can no longer find any perceptible mistakes then post and ask for any further critique. If you ask for a critique already knowing your faults you will just receive confirmation of issues you already know and can fix. Keep that in mind next time! As for this performance there were many issues present such as poor timing, lack of a solid fundamental technique and a poor sound quality. Don’t worry! These are able to be adjusted! Work on your basics with a metronome and maintain consistency focusing on technique, quality of hand-to-hand sound; fundamentals that will exponentially increase your musicianship and technical proficiency!

Good luck!

Colin M