Help and Critique.

submit youtube videos for discussion and critique by fellow snarescience members

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

errock69 Offline
noob
noob

Help and Critique.

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:58 pm

So im a beginner and i require your assistance. If you choose to accept, please give any advice possible and help me out. Thanks in advance!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdB1TcII ... ture=share

Nathan Aaron Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re: Help and Critique.

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:56 pm

Well for starters your pad is much too high. Your left forearm is actually tilted up, which isn't good.

Basically just try and match their look.

A good thing to do is to, standing up, just grab a pair of sticks and raise them to the level that feels natural to you. Try and move your playing surfaces to that height.

Also a sturdy playing surface is advised too.
'11-'14 Fall Snare
'13 Winter Snare
'14 Winter -Tacet
Spirit Snare 80 wrote:Moral of the story, if you want others to enjoy and play your creations, write them so normal people can play them.
http://nathanaaronphotography.wordpress.com/

hurt-a Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Re: Help and Critique.

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:37 pm

I would agree. Look at your various body parts. As mentioned, your left forearm is raising up to the pad. But also, your right arm is cranked out wayyyy too far. It will be up and out farther than normal to play traditional grip on a flat snare but yours is extreme. Finally, your torso is leaned way over to your left. These variables end up creating a HUGE difference in your hand to hand sound. I would also say that your right hand is turned over too much. The stick isn't making a straight line with your arm
Legends DBC Front Ensemble
2013- Aux
2014- Vibraphone
2015- Marimba
Spirit Snare 80 wrote:Cowbell- "WHACK-WHACK-WHACK-WHACK"......Spaaaalat. "Cut!" Do it again!