HELP

discuss Drum Corps International and Winter Guard International news / gossip / etc

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

qwerty94 Offline
noob
noob

HELP

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:04 pm

I am getting out of the military soon and it is my plan to audition for an indoor line for next season. BUT I also want to do DCI because I have never had the opportunity to do that. So basically this is what this is about...

WGI has a rule that no matter the age, the member can receive 1 season of eligibility to compete following the completion of their time in the military, as long as they submit the proper paperwork before the deadline.

Does anyone here have any type of connections to know if something similar exists for DCI and/or would anyone be willing to submit a petition of some sort for DCI to adapt this rule?

MrSirEric Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re: HELP

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:47 am

I'm not extremely well connected so I'm not going to be the best resource, but from what I know DCI does not have a rule like that.

However, if you want an experience similar to DCI, you may want to look into DCA. There's no age out limit so you could go as long as you want, and not everyone is going to be as talented as those in DCI but you'll still get some fairly talented people depending on where you go. Everyone has different thoughts about DCA though so if you've already looked at it and ruled it out then that's my bad. Just thought it was worth mentioning.
Cedar Park High School
'15: Bass 4
'16 - '18: Snare

University of North Texas
'19: Snare

"I can't sit down long enough to absorb any kind of learning." ~Buddy Rich