It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:57 am 
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

sQuiGglyMuFflYWiGS wrote:
you know whats funny, they asked me to get on the bus at the chambersburg show to finish out the season as bass tech. promised me at least a ride home and maybe some money. so i teach my one day there and then they break it to me oh we have nothing to give you, and decide now is the time to tell me i either ride this bus to florida or be stranded wherever. How are you so unaware of your own financial situation that you bring on a tech the day before you fold? I'm not bashing but like its the truth.

One of my friends (snare at Teal) told me about this yesterday. Pretty ridiculous.

Tragic as it is, I couldn't not laugh at the sig.

2007-2011 OBFP
2011-2012 College in Indiana

Multi-pitched timp-tom tenor-scaled membranaphone for life.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 am 
chops master
chops master

you know whats funny, they asked me to get on the bus at the chambersburg show to finish out the season as bass tech. promised me at least a ride home and maybe some money. so i teach my one day there and then they break it to me oh we have nothing to give you, and decide now is the time to tell me i either ride this bus to florida or be stranded wherever. How are you so unaware of your own financial situation that you bring on a tech the day before you fold? I'm not bashing but like its the truth.

Teal Sound
BassTech 7/9/2012

oh my god I'm laughing so hard!!!!!!!! It's terrible, but that's hilarious.

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:17 am 

Best sig ever..

She walked over to me and said "I formally request that you turn my body into a playground of lust and wonder, o burly man." To which I agreed. I laid her down on the desk, and well...we both got As for the entire semester as a result.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:43 am 
noob
noob

Aren't you the guy who was playing with a slinky toy and looking at it through a kaleidoscope for about 30 minutes?

The same guy who said the corps could win the lottery to raise the money it needed?

Or are you the guy who took kids away during a meeting with Dan Acheson, after being with the corps for only one day?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:59 am 
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

loltaptap wrote:

Aren't you the guy who was playing with a slinky toy and looking at it through a kaleidoscope for about 30 minutes?

The same guy who said the corps could win the lottery to raise the money it needed?

Or are you the guy who took kids away during a meeting with Dan Acheson, after being with the corps for only one day?

Is that really relevant? Even if he was the worst, most destructive tech Teal Sound has ever had, your mentioning of these things is a really bad attempt to straw man his argument. I feel you if you're a student or staff member just trying to stick up for the organization, but he makes a valid point. It's slightly irresponsible to promise someone things that the organization cannot follow up on, especially if the organization suspects it may fold. Given, I know that there's often a disparity in the communication between the members of the organization, especially (at times) between admin staff vs. instructional staff, but it's just bad form to have a situation like this happen with a tech, whether accidental or not.

All being said though, it's pretty lame that they folded. I knew a couple guys on staff there, so it's a bummer that they went down early.

Drum bandin' since twenty o' seven.

'10 '13
'11'13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:12 am 
chops master
chops master

ottomagne wrote:
loltaptap wrote:

Is that really relevant? Even if he was the worst, most destructive tech Teal Sound has ever had, your mentioning of these things is a really bad attempt to straw man his argument. I feel you if you're a student or staff member just trying to stick up for the organization, but he makes a valid point. It's slightly irresponsible to promise someone things that the organization cannot follow up on, especially if the organization suspects it may fold. Given, I know that there's often a disparity in the communication between the members of the organization, especially (at times) between admin staff vs. instructional staff, but it's just bad form to have a situation like this happen with a tech, whether accidental or not.

All being said though, it's pretty lame that they folded. I knew a couple guys on staff there, so it's a bummer that they went down early.

Good call on the Strawman logical fallacy!!!!

Logic reigns supreme. All hail.

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:14 am 
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

KJennings wrote:
ottomagne wrote:
loltaptap wrote:

Good call on the Strawman logical fallacy!!!!

Logic reigns supreme. All hail.

YEAH LOGIC POWERS!!!1!!!11!!1

Drum bandin' since twenty o' seven.

'10 '13
'11'13

Post subject: Re: Teal Sound Ends Tour
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 pm 
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

So I've got more info (rumors) on what happened from an inside source.

Apparently literally no one on tour besides the director knew this was going to happen.

Also, apparently the director basically had no business running a drum corps. She had no previous corps or even marching band experience in the past. Her son is a Teal Sound alum and she was a volunteer during that time. She stepped in when the original director for this season was moved to a new assignment (for unrelated but horrifying reasons).

2007-2011 OBFP
2011-2012 College in Indiana

Multi-pitched timp-tom tenor-scaled membranaphone for life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:30 pm 
chops master
chops master

loltaptap wrote:

Not sure about that last one. But the first two things make him sound like a cool guy

Cascades: Snare '10

University of Washington: Tenors '10-'11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:14 pm 
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

yoshikinto wrote:
loltaptap wrote:

Not sure about that last one. But the first two things make him sound like a cool guy

yeah man kaleidoscopes are where it's at

Don't Criticize, Equalize

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:13 pm 
chops master
chops master

loltaptap wrote:

And he did all of that during his one and only day as tech?!

No seriously, it is tragic that Teal had to end tour but if you're affiliated with them, it doesn't put a good rep on the corps by coming on here and saying that about him. But then again, I personally don't remember Teal sound being the most classy corps out there. Sorry tour had to end early, it sucks.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Don't get your panties in a bunch over it, we're all entitled to them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:34 pm 
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

BLAKE13 wrote:
Yes, they can go back into World Class next year. Technically though, this isn't a full season off so they should be fine. They'd have to be away for two years to be sent back to Open Class.

This is extremely sad to hear about though. I couldn't imagine being told my season was over after a show or at any point before Finals for that matter. Sucks man

I know the "years off" rule, but my question is if DCI will think they have their stuff together financially?

Its always scary seeing this happen, especially from my perspective. (DCI participant, not an age out, experienced a scare before)

hotbeats645 wrote:
Lost my lady friend. But it wasn't anything emotionally serious. Two other really hot girls are interested in me. It doesn't seem fair to choose.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:36 pm 
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

loltaptap wrote:

Best first post in the history of snarescience.

hotbeats645 wrote:
Lost my lady friend. But it wasn't anything emotionally serious. Two other really hot girls are interested in me. It doesn't seem fair to choose.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:55 pm 
chops master
chops master

wturner901 wrote:
BLAKE13 wrote:
Yes, they can go back into World Class next year. Technically though, this isn't a full season off so they should be fine. They'd have to be away for two years to be sent back to Open Class.

This is extremely sad to hear about though. I couldn't imagine being told my season was over after a show or at any point before Finals for that matter. Sucks man

I know the "years off" rule, but my question is if DCI will think they have their stuff together financially?

Its always scary seeing this happen, especially from my perspective. (DCI participant, not an age out, experienced a scare before)

DCI will definitely check into that when they return next year. I know that before Capital Regiment went on tour in 2009, the Open Class director came to either one or two of our camps to basically make sure we were ready (financially I assume) to come back to DCI. Then in 2010 after the first camp when they went inactive again, it was due to money. I'm sure DCI will make sure that Teal Sound is financially stable enough to return to competition for the 2013 season. I doubt they want this happening again to the same corps. And if the rumor about the corps director is true, hopefully they find new management.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Don't get your panties in a bunch over it, we're all entitled to them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:06 pm 
chops master
chops master

8 members of Teal Sound went to the Cascades. That practically doubles their size...

Cascades: Snare '10

University of Washington: Tenors '10-'11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:49 pm 

yoshikinto wrote:
8 members of Teal Sound went to the Cascades. That practically doubles their size...

That is good..for those guys and the Cascades.

She walked over to me and said "I formally request that you turn my body into a playground of lust and wonder, o burly man." To which I agreed. I laid her down on the desk, and well...we both got As for the entire semester as a result.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:53 pm 
ramming notes
ramming notes

loltaptap wrote:

Yeah I love my slinky and kaleidoscope 2 of my favorite toys!
As far as the lottery goes I didnt see anyone else with any good ideas. the lottery is a very real way to get alot of money really quick so i figured it was the best way to try and save the corps.
But no im not the guy who took kids away from their corps director, they followed me out. I don't see how its relevant how long i was there. if im strong enough to form bonds with my students that quickly that they can tell whos being real with them and who is stealing there money through broken promises, well then sure ill be that guy. But I mean if youre in the wrong you know and it certainly wasnt the guy playing with a slinky.

2010-2012: Bass 5, 3, 2
Reading Buccaneers
2010: Bass 3
2013: Bass 1
Carolina Crown
2011: Bass 4
Imperial Dynasty
2013: Bass 3
Teal Sound
BassTech 7/9/2012

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:19 am 
ramming notes
ramming notes

loltaptap wrote:

As far as the lottery goes I didnt see anyone else with any good ideas. the lottery is a very real way to get alot of money really quick so i figured it was the best way to try and save the corps.
But no im not the guy who took kids away from their corps director, they followed me out. I don't see how its relevant how long i was there. if im strong enough to form bonds with my students that quickly that they can tell whos being real with them and who is stealing there money through broken promises, well then sure ill be that guy. But I mean if youre in the wrong you know and it certainly wasnt the guy playing with a slinky.

a gut at Atlanta cv won the lottery a few years ago bought a new trailer and uniforms for the corps and helped alot of people out with dues

Frequency Inc. 2012 Cymbals "Unconquerable"
Pioneer 2012 Bass 4 "Irish Immigrants: The Hands that Built America"
SU Snare 2012
DSIP Cymbals 2013
Palmetto Percussion 2014 Cymbals

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:00 pm 
flam dragger
flam dragger

I know a few members have filled holes in BDB's hornline.

Freelancers Bass 2004, 2006-2007/Snare 2008, 2010

R.I.P "Nonno" - Tony Odello

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:26 am 
flam dragger
flam dragger

loltaptap wrote:

I appreciate all you did man, thank you so much.

Post subject: Re: Teal Sound Ends Tour
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:22 pm 
ramming notes
ramming notes

We've filled a few holes in Tampa Bay Thunder. Our corps director is also working out ways to make room for a lot of Teal members.

Tampa Bay Thunder
2012 Snare Drum
2013 Center Snare

Bay Area Percussion
2013 Snare Drum