It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:57 pm 
ramming notes
ramming notes

Kaitou wrote:
It's common courtesy to at least make an effort to construct a proper sentence. We don't care if you care. We care.

How are we going to look at some of your previous posts on the internet? We don't know who you are. Although the top Facebook result for Lee Clary gives this guy.

Now I will forever associate you with this profile picture because it makes me laugh a lot (grammar lesson for the day..alot is not a word).

I lol'd quite a bit

Bottom line is... I'M RIGHT LEE CLARY YOU'RE WRONG.

I'm just kidding please don't pee you're pants

heem my creem.

"I'm quite fond of the manner in which you address me as your large father."

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:08 pm 
grammar police
grammar police

Lee clary wrote:
Bro, put down the pad and sticks and go do some grammar homework. lol
Look at some of my previous post on the internet i really dont care how i spell not tyring to be a *beep* im just saying.[/quote]if you don't care how you spell or put together a sentence, then no one is going to give a *beep* about what you're talking about because they won't be able to understand it in the first place.
you might as well not even post if you're not going to try to spell things correctly or use BASIC grammar.[/quote]I was just saying on the internet but looks like everyone is a grammar nazi ill try better.[/quote]
We prefer the term grammar "police". Nazi just has bad connotations.

Facebook
UHS snare '08, '09, '10 -Stormin Mormon
WVU snare '11, '12

Post subject: Re: Edge Snare status.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:12 pm 
ramming notes
ramming notes

Are we really going to be jerks to a 14 year old freshman in high school?

That being said, Lee, language is the human method of communication. In order to communicate effectively, there have to be sets of rules and guidelines within that language to keep ideas concise and easy to interpret. If you choose to ignore those guidelines, you're risking people's inability to understand your ideas, and thus choosing to ignore them. Its your choice, but as a younger member of the board, I would hope you would take that idea to heart. Yes, it is an internet message board, so the occasional mistake is not a big deal. However, if you don't take the time to make your messages clear with at least some semblance of grammar and punctuation, you should expect people to either ignore you or criticize you for it. I would think neither would be preferable to simply taking the time to read your messages before posting them. I think you'll find that you get a lot more out of this board that way, as it will be easier for you to discuss ideas and learn from some of the more experienced people here. There are some very knowledgeable people around, and a lot can be learned here for a guy just getting into this activity.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:27 pm 

joe356 wrote:

That being said, Lee, language is the human method of communication. In order to communicate effectively, there have to be sets of rules and guidelines within that language to keep ideas concise and easy to interpret. If you choose to ignore those guidelines, you're risking people's inability to understand your ideas, and thus choosing to ignore them. Its your choice, but as a younger member of the board, I would hope you would take that idea to heart. Yes, it is an internet message board, so the occasional mistake is not a big deal. However, if you don't take the time to make your messages clear with at least some semblance of grammar and punctuation, you should expect people to either ignore you or criticize you for it. I would think neither would be preferable to simply taking the time to read your messages before posting them. I think you'll find that you get a lot more out of this board that way, as it will be easier for you to discuss ideas and learn from some of the more experienced people here. There are some very knowledgeable people around, and a lot can be learned here for a guy just getting into this activity.

I was going to jump to our defense and explain that this was the 4th or so time this conversation has happened..which it is..but you made me feel bad about it. Joe, you're a good guy.

swstarks wrote:

your*...I really really really hope that was intentional

She walked over to me and said "I formally request that you turn my body into a playground of lust and wonder, o burly man." To which I agreed. I laid her down on the desk, and well...we both got As for the entire semester as a result.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:24 pm 
chops master
chops master

Anyway...

I personally think that putting the worst players on the edge is stupid. They are more than likely the ones who can't comprehend the phrase "Listen In" and could create problems. My instructor will sandwich the bad players in between two good players, just like he did in our indoor season this year. The guy on the end wasn't the worst player on the line, but him and myself sandwiched the worst guy to hide his dirt. I would put the best in the center and then the next two best on the ends to sandwich the worst players between good ones. Also, I would keep the worst marchers inside the line too. The guy on the end is responsible for the guide point on moves going a certain direction (at least in every program I've been in, guide center typically wasn't the ideal thing for any movement in the diagonal) so I wouldn't trust the worst marcher in that role. Also, putting him second in from the end is dumb too if the line is going to be in a lot of diagonal lines. Second person in always sets the angle of the diagonal, which is kinda what pissed me off during indoor because the guy I sandwiched was our worst marcher and the other worst marcher ended up second in on the other side.

So I guess I would put the worst players closer to the center. *beep* seniority. If your hands suck, they suck and you can fix it. If you're a junior is being outplayed in chops and technique by a freshman or sophomore, so what? You get to stand closer to center just because you're older?

And in drum corps, seniority in my opinion would get a person closer to center.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Don't get your panties in a bunch over it, we're all entitled to them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:33 pm 
ramming notes
ramming notes

Kaitou wrote:
joe356 wrote:

I was going to jump to our defense and explain that this was the 4th or so time this conversation has happened..which it is..but you made me feel bad about it. Joe, you're a good guy.

swstarks wrote:

your*...I really really really hope that was intentional

Lol I'm glad someone caught on.

And yes it was :lol:

heem my creem.

"I'm quite fond of the manner in which you address me as your large father."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:05 am 
flam dragger
flam dragger

can u guys understand me talk im saying this?

It's not being a grammar nazi....it's learning how to spell.

MGAMB- Snare '12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:22 am 
flam dragger
flam dragger

Well there goes the topic of this thread...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:42 pm 
paradiddler
paradiddler

Don't worry. Our center snare this year and drumline captain was a snare on the end last year