Tornado - paradiddles+flamdrags mp3

discuss exercises posted on snarescience.com, or submit your own

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

knight427 Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Tornado - paradiddles+flamdrags mp3

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:18 pm

I'm reworking Tornado by Mitch Markovich. The first paradiddle section is slowing me down, so I spent a lot of time making my own practice mp3s. I wanted to share them with anyone else interested. A few things:

1) No, I will not email sheet music (buy it from link above).
2) No, I do not have the whole solo on mp3 (yet).
3) My next phrases will be flam drags(<-done) and then back-sticking.

Note that the snare sound I'm using was "crafted" from a "jazz snare" .wav file. I mixed it in Audacity, composed the music in Hydrogen and converted to mp3 in iTunes. The sound is much better than my previous attempt with Death by Flam (see my signature...I'll rework those soon if anyone is actually using them). If anyone has a .wav of a real marching snare (high quality), I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd share it with me.

Tornado mp3 - Paradiddles - 70bpm-130bpm
Tornado mp3 - Flam Drags- 70bpm-130bpm

EDIT: now with flam drags!!!...also, I had a chance to chop on the paradiddles tonight...man this has evened that section out and made it way more fun to practice (which is good because I have a ways to go to hit 130bpm)...hope it helps you too

knight427 Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Re: Tornado - paradiddles+flamdrags mp3

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:34 pm

For those of you who have downloaded and used the mp3s:

What you think of the snare sound? It has more thump and less crack than a real snare drum sound. I've found this allows me to hear my own attack on the practice pad through my ear bud headphones a little easier. I've been thinking about trying to re-mix a better sound, but I have a long list of to-dos, and I'm not sure if anyone else is finding these mp3s helpful, and if the sound is acceptable.

Also, I'll eventually have the entire Tornado solo done for my own use. I'm wondering if there are copyright laws that would prevent me from sharing the entire solo (vs the small samples i provided so far).

tidus1112 Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:17 am

I like the sound. Maybe it could be higher pitched, but it really doesn't matter. You can hear every single hit easily. sounds kinda like a loud pad. It also makes the unaccented notes just as clear as the accented ones. Now I just need to get the sheet music, lol

knight427 Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:45 pm

The hard part about the sound is that between making the sound and making the mp3s, the sound changes twice. The snare sounds much higher in Audacity (where I mixed it) than it does in Hydrogen (where I sequence the music) and then again it sounds different after I export the wavs from Hydrogen. Luckily the sound ended up being good for practice pads in the end.