Balancing DCI and medical studies

discuss high school / college related stuff here

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

sudwip Offline
noob
noob

Balancing DCI and medical studies

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:17 pm

Hey, I'm a senior in high school, looking to do DCI the next few years. I currently finished a summer with the Sunrisers, a DCA corps. My plan is to go back this year and then trying out for cadets 2. After that I am planning to try out for a DCI corps. But I'm wondering, does anyone do DCI, and went to medical school? Is it hard to balance? Give me your experience, and how you balanced the two, thanks! :mrgreen: :lol: 8)

Isaiah.Lamb Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Re: Balancing DCI and medical studies

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:04 pm

Well by the time you get into medical school, chances are that you will have aged out anyways. I'm a pre-med student, and even though I'm only a freshman I don't see how it could be much of a problem. Usually you shouldn't have to take any summer courses, provided that you plan well. DCI is in the summer and school is not (as you know). You might have to make sure you're ahead on homework before camp weekends, but other than that, college and DCI really shouldn't conflict at all. Now, doing DCI prevents you from making any money over a summer, so there's that to consider!!