College Friends

discuss high school / college related stuff here

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

drummeraaron Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

College Friends

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:14 pm

So for those of you that are in college or have been through college how did you make friends? I'm not the most outgoing person and I'm just afraid that I'm really not going to make too many friends while I'm there.
Legends 2013-Auxiliary Percussion
"A captain doesn't have to be loud. In fact if everyone does their job, there should be no reason to have to be loud." -spartey
"'Thank goodness they FINALLY made those snare drums a little bit lighter!'" - quad players" -awakentosleep
OAS AAS LLS Alpha Theta Spring '14

Bassnare Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Re: College Friends

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:22 pm

Be on the drumline. You'll make friends.

gnarwall Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re:

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:46 pm

^This so much. All of my close friends are on the drumline. Join clubs that interest you. Go to parties, get drunk, profit. Switch up where you sit every week or so to meet new people. Also it wouldn't hurt to sit next to random cute girls in class because YOLO.

Kaitou Offline

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:15 pm

Bassnare wrote:Be on the drumline. You'll make friends.
This. You'll make some of the best friends you've had. Join some activities..pledge a fraternity if that interests you, get involved with campus ministries if you're in to that..there is even a club for people that like to hunt ghosts on my campus..there is a club for something you like to do. Don't worry..everyone was where you are at one point..just go get involved somewhere..especially band/drumline
TA67 wrote:She walked over to me and said "I formally request that you turn my body into a playground of lust and wonder, o burly man." To which I agreed. I laid her down on the desk, and well...we both got As for the entire semester as a result.
ImageImage

Short1 Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Re:

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:11 pm

If you're a music major it's really nice because you see the same people all the time. Clubs clubs clubs. Play videogames with people. The first few days keep your door open and chat with people. The first few days are hard but a lot of people are in the same boat, so just get yourself out there and find a group. It's better than spending all semester catching up.

Snare10111p2 Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:51 pm

I have made most of my friends from the drumline. Try finding something in common with them. For example, one person I met at the campus bookstore, I heard him tell the cashier his email. It had troopers and mello in it, so I started a conversation about troopers and people I know who marched that year. Just gotta look for it. Also, you will meet alot of people at parties. When everyone is having fun(wasted), it's easy to make friends. And if you are thinking "I'm not gonna party" I thought the same thing, but trust me, it happens alot. It's also pretty easy to flirt with girls when you've got a bottle of courage in your hand ;)
Originally:Snare10111
SHS Xylophone/Crotales 2009- Romeo and Juliet
SHS Snare 2010- Nosferatu a Symphony of Terror
SHS Center Snare 2011- Rise up! The music of the lord of the rings
SHS Drum Captain/ Center Snare 2012- Arctic journey. The music of coldplay and sibelius
Class of 2017 University of North Texas music education Major.
UNT 2013 Cymbal Line

CoolInDenial Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:04 pm

I've found that I have a few different groups of friends. My roommate and I are really close, and then we are close with a couple of girls that live down the hall and a few friends of hers from the summer semester (that I didn't go to). Then I've got my drumline friends. Then my other sections of band friends. then some class friends.

I take some honors classes that are super small, and honestly, they get really tight knit.
SMAHS
2010-13: pit
2013-15: snare

PSU
2015: Cymbals