College Auditions

discuss high school / college related stuff here

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

drummeraaron Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

College Auditions

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:56 pm

I think this is the right place to post this..
Anyway does anyone know where I can get the list of OMEA 8th edition of The Required Music for Senior High Solo and Ensemble Contest. I live in Pennsylvania and I have no idea where to get this. If any of you can help that would be great.

Thanks,
Aaron
Legends 2013-Auxiliary Percussion
"A captain doesn't have to be loud. In fact if everyone does their job, there should be no reason to have to be loud." -spartey
"'Thank goodness they FINALLY made those snare drums a little bit lighter!'" - quad players" -awakentosleep
OAS AAS LLS Alpha Theta Spring '14

billc36 Offline

Re:

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:28 pm

I would think you could contact the Ohio Music Educators Association. Just a hunch.

http://www.omea-ohio.org/

My posts are mine and mine alone.
They do not now or in the future represent any group, person (both living and dead) that I have been, am currently, or will be in the future associated with.

drummeraaron Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Re: College Auditions

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:10 pm

thanks haha i'll do that
"A captain doesn't have to be loud. In fact if everyone does their job, there should be no reason to have to be loud." -spartey
"'Thank goodness they FINALLY made those snare drums a little bit lighter!'" - quad players" -awakentosleep

sxetnrdrmr Offline

Re:

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Oh gawd...not The List...this is sure to make your playing go backwards!!!! What school r u auditioning for in Ohio? Our list sux

...and I think that you might have to be a member of OMEA to access the list on the web site. If you have any questions, let me know. I am a member, and can possibly look stuff up if you need
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

Its' All about the Parking Lot - Watterson Drumline
www.bishopwattersondrumline.webs.com
OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans

drummeraaron Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Re: Re:

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:27 pm

sxetnrdrmr wrote:Oh gawd...not The List...this is sure to make your playing go backwards!!!! What school r u auditioning for in Ohio? Our list sux

...and I think that you might have to be a member of OMEA to access the list on the web site. If you have any questions, let me know. I am a member, and can possibly look stuff up if you need
I'm auditioning at Miami University of Ohio. If you can help me out with this list then that would be great!

sxetnrdrmr Offline

Re: Re:

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:42 am

drummeraaron wrote:
sxetnrdrmr wrote:Oh gawd...not The List...this is sure to make your playing go backwards!!!! What school r u auditioning for in Ohio? Our list sux

I'm auditioning at Miami University of Ohio. If you can help me out with this list then that would be great!
I would start by checking the music schools web site. If I remember correctly, Miami has some specific things they want you to play. It has been a while since I have had a student audition there, but they have a good music school, and have had a great drumline in the past.
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

Its' All about the Parking Lot - Watterson Drumline
www.bishopwattersondrumline.webs.com
OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans