College plans crushed

discuss high school / college related stuff here

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

Forlan10 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

College plans crushed

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:45 pm

How do you guys get that extra drive/motivation to look at the positive side of things when things just aren't looking the way you want them to?

Well other than drumming..

TVOham Offline
chops master
chops master

Re: College plans crushed

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Forlan10 wrote:How do you guys get that extra drive/motivation to look at the positive side of things when things just aren't looking the way you want them to?

Well other than drumming..

Enlighten us on the problem first.

Forlan10 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re: College plans crushed

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Over the years my relationship with my parents has gone down the drain. There's no communication between us at all. They are nothing but my parents NOT my best friends, which I believe that's what ones parents should be. And now they are mad at me that I didn't apply to the university my siblings graduated from. What makes it worse is that my intention was to either get into the university/s that I hoped to get into because I feel comfortable going there and I know they are better university's than the one my siblings went to and it would be worth if I didn't get in, to take 2 years of community and transfer. They are mad I'm going to community college, and of course I would have rather have been accepted but I just got my last letter of rejection today and I guess I don't have any drive left. I tried talking to my mother about our relationship and she told me my logic about the communication between us is absurd. My parents don't listen to what I have to say and now that my college plans have been thrown away I can't seem to look at the positives of things like I usually do. I'm thinking tomorrow I'm going to wake up and just leave the house without saying anything and just spend time with my girlfriend.