Something to think about....

discuss cool nerdy stuff here

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

SnArEdUdE08 Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Something to think about....

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Do brains think, and do eyes see... or do we use our brains to think and our eyes to see...

Are we just taking advantage of these items as tools.....

Thoughts?

KJennings Offline
chops master
chops master

Re: Something to think about....

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:57 pm

Our brain decodes messages sent from our eyes. This is kind of concrete science... not really a point of discussion.
DCI Open Class- 2006
DCI World Class- 2007, 2010, 2011
WGI World Class- 2011, 2012, 2013 (Snare Tech)
Image Image

SnArEdUdE08 Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Neurologically that is what happens... however what about consciously?

sQuiGglyMuFflYWiGS Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:33 pm

there are two ways to use your brain. you can either think and rationalize and use evidence to come to a conclusion, or you can just know in which things just come to you and you know them to be 100% percent fact even if they didnt happen yet and it will be true. ive actually experienced nirvana recently and shut off my rational brain. What i realized is that the rational brain is constantly trying to plan scenarios for the future and make steps to achieve it. The problem with this is you are so worried about the future that you are missing right now and what we dont realize is the present has so many subtle clues about the future that if you just surrender and let your body on auto pilot you can say things and know they will happen. and theres no rhyme or reason to why you know you just do. enlightenment is righteous and great for picking up chicks.
Norristown Drumline
04-09: Bottom Bass/cymbals
United Percussion
2010-2012: Bass 5, 3, 2
Reading Buccaneers
2010: Bass 3
2013: Bass 1
Carolina Crown
2011: Bass 4
Imperial Dynasty
2013: Bass 3
Teal Sound
BassTech 7/9/2012

hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:31 pm

sQuiGglyMuFflYWiGS wrote:there are two ways to use your brain. you can either think and rationalize and use evidence to come to a conclusion, or you can just know in which things just come to you and you know them to be 100% percent fact even if they didnt happen yet and it will be true. ive actually experienced nirvana recently and shut off my rational brain. What i realized is that the rational brain is constantly trying to plan scenarios for the future and make steps to achieve it. The problem with this is you are so worried about the future that you are missing right now and what we dont realize is the present has so many subtle clues about the future that if you just surrender and let your body on auto pilot you can say things and know they will happen. and theres no rhyme or reason to why you know you just do. enlightenment is righteous and great for picking up chicks.

my man
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.

sxetnrdrmr Offline

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:19 pm

sQuiGglyMuFflYWiGS wrote:there are two ways to use your brain. you can either think and rationalize and use evidence to come to a conclusion, or you can just know in which things just come to you and you know them to be 100% percent fact even if they didnt happen yet and it will be true. ive actually experienced nirvana recently and shut off my rational brain. What i realized is that the rational brain is constantly trying to plan scenarios for the future and make steps to achieve it. The problem with this is you are so worried about the future that you are missing right now and what we dont realize is the present has so many subtle clues about the future that if you just surrender and let your body on auto pilot you can say things and know they will happen. and theres no rhyme or reason to why you know you just do. enlightenment is righteous and great for picking up chicks.
if it is not too personal...how did you experience nirvana? Pm if it is too long for this thread. i find it fascinating when people are able to break out of the earthly level of contact with their concience...
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

Its' All about the Parking Lot - Watterson Drumline
www.bishopwattersondrumline.webs.com
OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans

MPolarinakis Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:00 am

KJennings wrote:Our brain decodes messages sent from our eyes. This is kind of concrete science... not really a point of discussion.
'10 '11 '12 '13

'09 '10 '11 '13

for clarification, see related GIF