This section of the forum has grown repetitive.

discuss and debate ideas and issues in a respectful manner

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]
TVOham Offline
chops master
chops master

This section of the forum has grown repetitive.

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:08 am

It's just a group of people with nearly identical views on almost everything regarding religion/politics.

What happened to all of the creationists? They're the only fun around here.

HaViiK Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re: This section of the forum has grown repetitive.

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:33 am

I believe in creationism and God. Just choose not to talk about it, it's pointless IMO. I have my reasons that would baffle you guys haha.
-Steven Wright

Rustburg High School:
  • Bass 05, 06
    Snare 07, 09
    Tenor 08
    Instructor: 2010-Present, Undefeated in 2011

@Steven_HokieDT
http://www.facebook.com/steven.T.wright

TVOham Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:34 am

I'd love to hear them.

HaViiK Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:54 am

Nah, it will just lead to more pointless arguing that get's nowhere.
-Steven Wright

Rustburg High School:
  • Bass 05, 06
    Snare 07, 09
    Tenor 08

@Steven_HokieDT

Ryan Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Re:

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:32 pm

More likely, it would lead to your realizing that almost nobody is baffled by even your most "baffling" personal revelations and experiences.

And maybe, just maybe, it would lead to your realizing that you are actually the one who's baffled.

But probably must the first one.

Bassnare Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:51 pm

If by "baffle" you mean that your reasons don't hold up to objective scrutiny and are based on some sort of emotional or personal experience, then I see where you're coming from. If you mean that you believe you have some valid, objective argument for the existence of god or the claims of creationism, I'd love to hear it.

HaViiK Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:39 pm

This is exactly what I was talking about lol.

Let me elaborate a little more, I don't care what people believe. I don't care. It's your life, you live it. I'm not going to force my views on you. (That's not how Jesus did it but that's a different story.) I couldn't care less what you believe or think. So why argue about it? You live your life and I'll live mine. That's why I said you'd be baffled. How many times have you heard a Christian say that?
-Steven Wright

Rustburg High School:
  • Bass 05, 06
    Snare 07, 09
    Tenor 08

@Steven_HokieDT

sxetnrdrmr Offline

Re:

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:26 pm

I have learned many things in some of the debate threads, but....

I have never understood why people create a forum for debate, and then don't like it when people debate, or when those who consistently get shut down go away because they get tired of getting beat up on...

there are sooo many of these threads where a debate gets going, and then people jump in and say "OK, lets calm down now...everybody agree that everyone else is right" etc. etc; that being said, I agree that a lot of the time it just spirals down into name calling or playground-like conversation (though in the recent past, that kind of slant has not crept up as much) and sometimes we do need to get called out

Personally, I like to find what motivates people to think the way they do. The beliefs themselves are a manifestation of a larger life story. I don't the way I think is wrong in the present, BUT I will definitely admit that I have changed the way I think about a lot of things through educating my self by way of debates and discussions...many on this board. The way I think is always evolving, and is right to me in the present...but that doesn't mean that I am willing to change if I come across a better or more clear understanding of something.

the problem is is that most of the topics are redundant.... sometimes it seems that it should just boil down to 2 topics:

righty/fundamentalist Christian views
everyone else's

also, many times, the topics seem like they are leading the sheep to the slaughter just by their title.
as a first year forum member, if I saw a title saying: Tenor Drummers are Stupid Worthless Morons, my reaction is going to be to swing back...now that I am older and wiser, I would just skip the thread because the title alone tells me that there is nothing there. I think this is why the Fundy/Christian/righty's are shying away
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

Its' All about the Parking Lot - Watterson Drumline
www.bishopwattersondrumline.webs.com
OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans

TVOham Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:43 pm

HaViiK wrote:This is exactly what I was talking about lol.

Let me elaborate a little more, I don't care what people believe. I don't care. It's your life, you live it. I'm not going to force my views on you. (That's not how Jesus did it but that's a different story.) I couldn't care less what you believe or think. So why argue about it? You live your life and I'll live mine. That's why I said you'd be baffled. How many times have you heard a Christian say that?

We don't "believe" anything. You said you believe in "creationism". This is a fundamentally false hypothesis and has been proven so time and time again. There's no evidence in support of it. There's really no reason to believe it at all. I DO care what people believe. When people believe things that are just outright wrong (and yes, whether you admit it or not, biblical creationism is wrong) it effects me.

Honestly, if you can't sternly defend your belief with evidence, reason, and logic then you have no business believing it at all. That's why people who come and debate and then just leave because they can't think of what to say next are just silly. They leave with the same exact opinion as before even though they've been defeated at every turn? That's just not logical.

And as for the "two topics" this section boils down to, you got the number right. The two topics that it boils down to is "true" and "false". I think the fundy's and radical Christians are shying away because they CAN'T support their argument and they CAN'T defend their beliefs, so they've learned not to even bother (yet they still go on believing it). I wish everyone would adopt a more empiricist way of thinking and just discard things that they can't defend.

HaViiK Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 pm

I hope I've entertained you lol.
-Steven Wright

Rustburg High School:
  • Bass 05, 06
    Snare 07, 09
    Tenor 08

@Steven_HokieDT

littlesnareboy Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:32 am

TVOham, this is getting ridiculous. You got bored because nobody else bothered to argue with your huge ego, so you start a thread to provoke somebody into saying anything about religion so you can bash them. When somebody finally replied they said "I don't want to talk about it." HaViiK was nothing but respectful and you decided that was the best response you were going to be able to troll out of snarescience so you continue to bash him and tell him he was wrong before he even told you what his reasons were. I disagree with HaViiK's beliefs too, I'm atheist. But that doesn't mean I'm going to go around trying to piss people off. If you want somebody to argue with, go beg your parents for some younger siblings. Otherwise, please grow up because now you're being nothing but a troll.
Chris
SLD 05 Plates Music of Styx
SLD 06 Plates Music of the Moody Blues
SLD 07 Snare (finally) A Latin Experience
SLD 08 Center Snare La Nouba
Carolina Gold 07 Snare Deja Vu

SnareSauce Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:40 am

the reason this forum gets repetitive and old is because the only people with the sense to move on are people who believe in something that takes faith.

i'm not interested in winning an argument with anyone on this forum about religion or science or whatever. i'm here to talk about drums.

and i'm certainly NOT here to satiate your desire to beat up peoples religion. (or lack thereof). someday, if you haven't already, you'll come to terms with the fact that there are people all over the world who aren't interested in you approving of or understanding what or why they believe in whatever they do. the reason they don't argue about it on snarescience is because the forum representation of atheism/scientology/evolution to creationism is like 6 to 1. hate to give you a lame job, but i guess if you want to argue about how right you are, you'll have to go find some people to argue with.

try this. http://www.religionforums.org/
or, if you'd rather argue against the minority, which seems to be your thing anyways, try this. http://www.atheistforums.com/

you know one thing i bet they DON'T talk about? Cadets '05. that's why i don't post there. maybe you'd be more at home there.

hope i've solved your problem. you know what's awesome? Dynasty tenors, when Scott Johnson was still with Firth, and giraffes. i'm a HUGE fan of giraffes.
Josh Detwiler

LCA Marching Bulldogs
Quads '06-'08 ~ Drum Captain '08-'09 ~ Drum Instructor '12
LU Spirit of the Mountain Marching Band
Quads '09-'12
LU Indoor Drumline
Quads '12
https://www.facebook.com/Snaresauce

Ryan Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Re:

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:06 pm

TVO wanted someone to argue with. He posted this thread. He got someone to argue with. He argued with that someone. That someone had no rational argument. That someone claimed to not want to argue. TVO continued to argue. Others interpreted this desire to argue as an attack. Others decided that, because TVO attacked a guy, their religion is true. No science was conducted. No (specific) religious beliefs were explored.

Conclusion: religious people are sometimes ignorant. Atheists are sometimes a$$holes. Because of their dislike for one another, both science and religion sometimes get ignored, being replaced by bickering about issues peripheral to both science and religion. The world continues to turn, because the universe doesn't give a single, solitary fraction of a *beep* what we humble humans believe, think, feel or do.

Bassnare Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:01 pm

SnareSauce wrote:the reason this forum gets repetitive and old is because the only people with the sense to move on are people who believe in something that takes faith.
Are you serious? Religious people have stopped posting in the religion forum because:
a) They always lose the argument, so they don't even try to argue.
b) They know that they're outnumbered, so they don't even try to argue.
c) TVOham insults them, so they don't even try to argue.

Don't pretend that "people who believe in something that takes faith" are the only ones "with the sense to move on". That's just a generalization you're making as an excuse for the shortcomings of the religious representation on the forum. There are plenty of atheists on the forums that don't partake in these "debates" very often, much less start them.
Last edited by Bassnare on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MPolarinakis Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Re: Re:

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Ryan wrote:TVO wanted someone to argue with. He posted this thread. He got someone to argue with. He argued with that someone. That someone had no rational argument. That someone claimed to not want to argue. TVO continued to argue. Others interpreted this desire to argue as an attack. Others decided that, because TVO attacked a guy, their religion is true. No science was conducted. No (specific) religious beliefs were explored.

Conclusion: religious people are sometimes ignorant. Atheists are sometimes a$$holes. Because of their dislike for one another, both science and religion sometimes get ignored, being replaced by bickering about issues peripheral to both science and religion. The world continues to turn, because the universe doesn't give a single, solitary fraction of a *beep* what we humble humans believe, think, feel or do.
i wish you guys would act better, but its w.e you'll find god eventually
'10 '11 '12 '13

'09 '10 '11 '13

for clarification, see related GIF

KJennings Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:06 pm

AND HERE COME THE TROLLS
DCI Open Class- 2006
DCI World Class- 2007, 2010, 2011
WGI World Class- 2011, 2012, 2013 (Snare Tech)
Image Image

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]