What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

discuss and debate ideas and issues in a respectful manner

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth


Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [ 102 posts ]
Message
Author
hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen
User avatar
Posts: 4661
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:23 pm



some articles for your pleasure. I don't recall insulting you, I recall calling out your argument and sources.

Marijuana cuts lung cancer tumor growth in half-http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 193338.htm

Marijuana as an alternative to ADHD pills-http://pr.cannazine.co.uk/20080205147/c ... video.html

all of the medical benefits of marijuana in one handy page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_cannabis

yes, wikipedia isn't the greatest source to win a debate with, but it's better than me citing every single article they did. You can read those if you like, or you can just read the wiki page, it's all the same information
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.


lesterroyer Offline
chops master
chops master
Posts: 1062
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Roeland Park, KS

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:28 pm



Hey guys, thought you might think this is cool.
The people who actually made it physically illegal are the people that started the companies Ford, DuPont, and Firestone.
Can anyone guess why they did that?
Facebook.
Flickr
YouTube
SMN '08-'12
Gateway '13
Cascades '13
matthewson98 wrote:i was drunk after the parade where i am one of the drum corps and get party girls over when it's done.. so good to drink while marching! no one see it..


hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen
User avatar
Posts: 4661
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:40 pm



lesterroyer wrote:Hey guys, thought you might think this is cool.
The people who actually made it physically illegal are the people that started the companies Ford, DuPont, and Firestone.
Can anyone guess why they did that?


Some of the people who first started lobbying for pot to be illegal were big in the timber and cotton industry, and didn't want hemp (a better plant for building things and making clothes) cutting into their monopoly. I'm sure it's a similar case with Ford and Firestone-the first Ford car was run on ethanol made from hemp oil, I'm guessing people in the oil industry offered them tons of money to stop using ethanol and use just natural gasses.

was I close?
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.


lesterroyer Offline
chops master
chops master
Posts: 1062
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Roeland Park, KS

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:04 pm



hotbeats645 wrote:
lesterroyer wrote:Hey guys, thought you might think this is cool.
The people who actually made it physically illegal are the people that started the companies Ford, DuPont, and Firestone.
Can anyone guess why they did that?


Some of the people who first started lobbying for pot to be illegal were big in the timber and cotton industry, and didn't want hemp (a better plant for building things and making clothes) cutting into their monopoly. I'm sure it's a similar case with Ford and Firestone-the first Ford car was run on ethanol made from hemp oil, I'm guessing people in the oil industry offered them tons of money to stop using ethanol and use just natural gasses.

was I close?
Similar, it was actually used in car materials, like the cushioning and tires and stuff. The three had a partnership and it worked out best for them, so they really over exaggerated the dangers of marijuana. People didn't even realize that they were passing a bill against hemp and not just weed. I just thought it was kind of interesting.

Even if it were to be legalized, I really doubt won't still be looked down upon. People aren't going to show up to a ball game with a joint in their hand instead of a beer. My gov't teacher kind of explained that its probably not going to become legal, first because of the lack of support and second, that society doesn't really have a spot for it. Alcohol and tobacco have had a more important role in not just our country, but most countries for centuries. There are quite a few societies that it was more prominent in, but not any that really affect the US. Especially with all the other things that are much more important for our government things to be dealing with, legalization definitely will come after healthcare, mortgage issues, etc., even if there was a big push for it. Really, you get an occasional politician that is for legalization that claims he has never used, which is always a lie, so they don't really get a strong base of supporters. It could happen, but it is very unlikely in the near future. Society is going to have to change a ton for full legalization to happen.
Facebook.
Flickr
YouTube
SMN '08-'12
Gateway '13
Cascades '13
matthewson98 wrote:i was drunk after the parade where i am one of the drum corps and get party girls over when it's done.. so good to drink while marching! no one see it..


hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen
User avatar
Posts: 4661
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:12 pm



lesterroyer wrote:
hotbeats645 wrote:
lesterroyer wrote:Hey guys, thought you might think this is cool.
The people who actually made it physically illegal are the people that started the companies Ford, DuPont, and Firestone.
Can anyone guess why they did that?


Some of the people who first started lobbying for pot to be illegal were big in the timber and cotton industry, and didn't want hemp (a better plant for building things and making clothes) cutting into their monopoly. I'm sure it's a similar case with Ford and Firestone-the first Ford car was run on ethanol made from hemp oil, I'm guessing people in the oil industry offered them tons of money to stop using ethanol and use just natural gasses.

was I close?
Similar, it was actually used in car materials, like the cushioning and tires and stuff. The three had a partnership and it worked out best for them, so they really over exaggerated the dangers of marijuana. People didn't even realize that they were passing a bill against hemp and not just weed. I just thought it was kind of interesting.

Even if it were to be legalized, I really doubt won't still be looked down upon. People aren't going to show up to a ball game with a joint in their hand instead of a beer. My gov't teacher kind of explained that its probably not going to become legal, first because of the lack of support and second, that society doesn't really have a spot for it. Alcohol and tobacco have had a more important role in not just our country, but most countries for centuries. There are quite a few societies that it was more prominent in, but not any that really affect the US. Especially with all the other things that are much more important for our government things to be dealing with, legalization definitely will come after healthcare, mortgage issues, etc., even if there was a big push for it. Really, you get an occasional politician that is for legalization that claims he has never used, which is always a lie, so they don't really get a strong base of supporters. It could happen, but it is very unlikely in the near future. Society is going to have to change a ton for full legalization to happen.

cool, thanks for sharing. marijuana has played a pretty big role in this country, as well as a huge role in other countries throughout time. remember, it was legal until the 1930's and was prescribed by many doctors up to that point. many of our founding fathers farmed hemp/smoked the dope. no politician will really come out and support it because they would basically be committing political suicide if they did. however, public opinion has been changing drastically over the years, so politicians may eventually stand to gain something by supporting legalization. Decriminalization will definitely come before legalization.
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.


lesterroyer Offline
chops master
chops master
Posts: 1062
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Roeland Park, KS

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm



hotbeats645 wrote:

cool, thanks for sharing. marijuana has played a pretty big role in this country, as well as a huge role in other countries throughout time. remember, it was legal until the 1930's and was prescribed by many doctors up to that point. many of our founding fathers farmed hemp/smoked the dope. no politician will really come out and support it because they would basically be committing political suicide if they did. however, public opinion has been changing drastically over the years, so politicians may eventually stand to gain something by supporting legalization. Decriminalization will definitely come before legalization.
Yeah, there were a lot of important people that did use it, probably a lot more than I am aware of, but it wasn't really a part of society. There was never any clubs or companies (to my knowledge) that were based around it. I mean, it was out there, but it wasn't something most people would partake in. Because of the depression, it's been a little more acceptable to look for some sort of an escape, so naturally support for it would go up as use would. I think if you took a random survey, I'd bet you'd get maybe 20% saying they are for legalization, 30% against it, and about 50% that don't really seem to care. (these are numbers I made up as just kind of a guess) Although, most would probably not like to see it used in public, especially places children would be around, especially given some of the sidestream effects that happen. Even going to a concert, where theres crazy smoking going on, I barely got much of a buzz off of it, but I am pretty sure that wouldn't affect what most parents would want for their children to be exposed to.
Facebook.
Flickr
YouTube
SMN '08-'12
Gateway '13
Cascades '13
matthewson98 wrote:i was drunk after the parade where i am one of the drum corps and get party girls over when it's done.. so good to drink while marching! no one see it..


sxetnrdrmr Offline
moderator
moderator
User avatar
Posts: 2708
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: chasing the battery around the field

Re: Re:

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:43 pm



sQuiGglyMuFflYWiGS wrote:
sxetnrdrmr wrote:I would just like to know...

if marijuana use doesn't really hurt anybody, what are all of the people in Mexico dying for in the drug induced chaos that is tearing that country apart? It all isn't JUST cocaine. I guess I feel that unless you completely grow and process your own, you are in some way touching, and fueling the violence that surrounds the drug culture. It isn't always the USE that is violent...it is the attainment and distribution.

Just as background, I have never been stoned or drunk, so I don't have, and will never have first hand experience. I have come up in the Straight Edge culture of hardcore/punk (sXetnrdrmr). I am also not trying to judge people who do use, since most of my friends have or still do use, but as some have mentioned on here, it seems like the made-up excuses start flying when one knows one is involved in something that they KNOW, deep down inside, is wrong on a larger karmic level. It is like me and my weight problem. I KNOW the extra burger is bad for me, but I can sure rationalize eating it, AND make myself feel good about it at the time, thought i KNOW, in the long run that it is bad for me.

By virtue of that fact, I am not going to try to sway people to my side of thinking b/c it is not my goal, and the people who use pot are set in their ways just like I am set in mine. I just always think that we are all part of a longer string of things than we think we are in all of our actions. The whole Karma thing. A lot of times we only think about ourselves and our little bubble, and NOT about how what we do effects those that we don't even know.
Very valid point, but what is causing the killing is the law not the plant. If the herb was legal there would be no drug cartels (for weed) because there would be no need to smuggle and everyone would be free to grow their own thus no more deaths over this drug war. So what is really the source of all this bad karma, the plant or the people who say its bad?
hotbeats645 wrote:
sxetnrdrmr wrote:I would just like to know...

if marijuana use doesn't really hurt anybody, what are all of the people in Mexico dying for in the drug induced chaos that is tearing that country apart? It all isn't JUST cocaine. I guess I feel that unless you completely grow and process your own, you are in some way touching, and fueling the violence that surrounds the drug culture. It isn't always the USE that is violent...it is the attainment and distribution.

People are dying in Mexico because the drug is illegal. Cartels use marijuana as a cash crop-it is cheap and easy to grow, and there is nearly unlimited demand for it. Because of the money they bring in smuggling and selling marijuana, they can afford to produce meth, cocaine, heroin, etc. Because they stand to lose so much, they spend a lot of their money on weapons to protect their cash flow and battle the government. They make much more money than the government.

Legalize marijuana-farmers can grow the crop, legitimate business (that already exist and thrive in Colorado, California, Michigan, etc) can buy crop from legitimate, legal growers. Cost for the plant goes down, the demand for illegal drugs from cartels goes way down, they have less money to manufacture the hard, dangerous drugs. Marijuana isn't hurting anybody-the illegality behind marijuana and the process it has to go through to make a profit for the gangs hurts people
Well, I agree with both of you guys that it is the legality of it that drives most of the violence, but it is also the demand. If people would stop doing it, the cartels would also go away. The legalization of drugs was one of the things that I always got into arguments about with my other Straight Edge friends b/c I am for it for the very reasons you all mentioned. My only fear about the legalization of drugs is the 5 year era of chaos we will have to go through as people "find" their level of use and others get hurt by people under the influence while they drive, work etc.

People always say "Well, if we legalize drugs, people will overdose!". To me, that is just nature taking care of itself. Thinning the herd... just like when people overdose now. Call it harsh, but that's how i feel. I say legalize drugs, but make sure the tax money the govt gets goes to education first, and NOT big oil, war, DRUG CARTELS and all of the other places it tends to go now...
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

Image

Its' All about the Parking Lot - Watterson Drumline
www.bishopwattersondrumline.webs.com
OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans


hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen
User avatar
Posts: 4661
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:47 pm



http://www.gallup.com/poll/123728/U.S.- ... -High.aspx


from the last gallup poll, up from 31% in favor 10 years ago


and at sx-that does bring up a good point about the demand, but if the demand is being met my legitimate business owners, how is it any different from the tobacco and alcohol industries?


And people who say legalizing drugs will cause more use-Portugal decriminalized all drugs in the year 2000. use has gone down across the board, to a lower level than here in america. Amsterdam has a lower percentage of people who use marijuana than we do in America.
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.


sxetnrdrmr Offline
moderator
moderator
User avatar
Posts: 2708
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: chasing the battery around the field

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:11 pm



hotbeats645 wrote:

and at sx-that does bring up a good point about the demand, but if the demand is being met my legitimate business owners, how is it any different from the tobacco and alcohol industries?


And people who say legalizing drugs will cause more use-Portugal decriminalized all drugs in the year 2000. use has gone down across the board, to a lower level than here in america. Amsterdam has a lower percentage of people who use marijuana than we do in America.
yeah. I think it is because it takes the "magic" out of it. Takes away the thrill of feeling like you are pushing the limits. I know most of my friends that got into substance use/abuse did it b/c it was "scary" or rebelious. If it becomes like buying candy, the thrill will go away

The question is, what will greedy, evil, stupid people kill each other about when drugs are gone? ...Oh yeah... Oil :wink:
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

Image

Its' All about the Parking Lot - Watterson Drumline
www.bishopwattersondrumline.webs.com
OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans


hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen
User avatar
Posts: 4661
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:13 pm



sxetnrdrmr wrote:
hotbeats645 wrote:

and at sx-that does bring up a good point about the demand, but if the demand is being met my legitimate business owners, how is it any different from the tobacco and alcohol industries?


And people who say legalizing drugs will cause more use-Portugal decriminalized all drugs in the year 2000. use has gone down across the board, to a lower level than here in america. Amsterdam has a lower percentage of people who use marijuana than we do in America.
yeah. I think it is because it takes the "magic" out of it. Takes away the thrill of feeling like you are pushing the limits. I know most of my friends that got into substance use/abuse did it b/c it was "scary" or rebelious. If it becomes like buying candy, the thrill will go away

The question is, what will greedy, evil, stupid people kill each other about when drugs are gone? ...Oh yeah... Oil :wink:
:)

I smile, but I really weep inside
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.


MPolarinakis Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:43 am

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:16 pm



sxetnrdrmr wrote:
hotbeats645 wrote:

and at sx-that does bring up a good point about the demand, but if the demand is being met my legitimate business owners, how is it any different from the tobacco and alcohol industries?


And people who say legalizing drugs will cause more use-Portugal decriminalized all drugs in the year 2000. use has gone down across the board, to a lower level than here in america. Amsterdam has a lower percentage of people who use marijuana than we do in America.
yeah. I think it is because it takes the "magic" out of it. Takes away the thrill of feeling like you are pushing the limits. I know most of my friends that got into substance use/abuse did it b/c it was "scary" or rebelious. If it becomes like buying candy, the thrill will go away

The question is, what will greedy, evil, stupid people kill each other about when drugs are gone? ...Oh yeah... Oil :wink:

hey hey hey, as someone who works for one of those companies... keep that to a forum i don't read please haha.
'10 '11 '12 '13

'09 '10 '11 '13


for clarification, see related GIF
Image


MPolarinakis Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:43 am

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:16 pm



sxetnrdrmr wrote:
hotbeats645 wrote:

and at sx-that does bring up a good point about the demand, but if the demand is being met my legitimate business owners, how is it any different from the tobacco and alcohol industries?


And people who say legalizing drugs will cause more use-Portugal decriminalized all drugs in the year 2000. use has gone down across the board, to a lower level than here in america. Amsterdam has a lower percentage of people who use marijuana than we do in America.
yeah. I think it is because it takes the "magic" out of it. Takes away the thrill of feeling like you are pushing the limits. I know most of my friends that got into substance use/abuse did it b/c it was "scary" or rebelious. If it becomes like buying candy, the thrill will go away

The question is, what will greedy, evil, stupid people kill each other about when drugs are gone? ...Oh yeah... Oil :wink:

hey hey hey, as someone who works for one of those companies... keep that to a forum i don't read please haha.
'10 '11 '12 '13

'09 '10 '11 '13


for clarification, see related GIF
Image


TVOham Offline
chops master
chops master
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:57 am

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:26 pm



hotbeats645 wrote:some articles for your pleasure. I don't recall insulting you, I recall calling out your argument and sources.

Marijuana cuts lung cancer tumor growth in half-http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 193338.htm

Marijuana as an alternative to ADHD pills-http://pr.cannazine.co.uk/20080205147/c ... video.html

all of the medical benefits of marijuana in one handy page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_cannabis

yes, wikipedia isn't the greatest source to win a debate with, but it's better than me citing every single article they did. You can read those if you like, or you can just read the wiki page, it's all the same information


Really? You attacked my argument?
You certainly did not. Read back a little bit. You attacked my source (which seems to be a problem with you and several others here (attacking the source, rather than the argument itself)). Then after I left you tried to tell others on the forum that I "left because I can't stand to be wrong" or some such nonsense. Don't kid yourself and try to hide it now.
Image


Madjical Offline
chops master
chops master
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Re:

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:31 am



TVOham wrote:I attempted to leave the discussion after posting my opinion and you insulted me, lol.

Just have your little group therapy session with these other "marijuana-users" (happy?). Just keep my name out of it. I don't plan on spending 50 minutes watching some documentary that's trying to convince me a mind-altering drug is good for you.

By the way, any documentary can be convincing. Just because there's "Scientists" and "PhD's" in it, doesn't make it true. How do you think it is that so many Creationists are able to convince people that Evolution is false? They wisely bring in PhD's who talk about some nonsense that ends up convincing people of what they're saying for an hour.
group therapy 
noun
psychotherapy in which a number of patients discuss their problems together, usually under the leadership of a therapist, using shared knowledge and experiences to provide constructive feedback about maladaptive behavior.

dis•cus•sion   /dɪˈskʌʃən/ Show Spelled[dih-skuhsh-uhn] Show IPA
noun
an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., especially to explore solutions; informal debate.

We have very different opinions on what's happening here. Thank you for using some proper terminology, although I'm sure we all could have found it without the quotations and the unnecessary 'happy?' I'm sorry if anyone here insulted you, it was probably uncalled for and distasteful, that doesn't provide you right to fire back, though. It's in the past though, so I suggest everyone let it go and continue to be mature and have a debate with a little more stature and dignity.

Nobody is trying to convince anybody that cannabis is good for you. If I understand correctly, some of the users on the forum are trying to explain some medical benefits, and others are trying to give reason on why it should not be legal, and all of it's harms. Just because something benefits you medically, does not mean it is good for you. Prime example, chemotherapy. Chemo destroys your entire body to rid you of the cancerous cells, since they cannot be targeted without harming the rest of the body. It benefits you medically, but it is extremely harmful. I believe some users are just explaining how they utilize cannabis to rid themselves of certain problems. If they say it's for medical reasons, you and I have no reason not to trust them or believe them. We do not know them personally, their condition, or what their doctor may have said. If their doctor did suggest it and write a prescription, who are we to go against someone who is considered and expert in this field? A few forum users that can pull up a few websites? Let's be honest with ourselves.

Now if someone uses it recreationally, it's a different ball game. In that case, my argument is simply that there are substances being sold out of stores that are marginally more harmful. I would rather have something much less harmful be distributed legally to people. I think everyone can agree on that statement, regardless of your position on the matter.

So, about that video and your sources. Part of being in a debate is being able to understand the other side. No debate has ever been won by a party saying "I'm right, you’re wrong, I don't care what you have to say." I took the time to read all the sources you posted. I read what you wrote, did research, and provided what seems to have been an effective rebuttal due to the lack of your response, or perhaps you just haven't read it yet. If you want to have an effective debate, understand what you're debating fully. Otherwise, it's going to be a complete mess, feelings will get hurt, and everyone will walk away with their tail between their legs.


TVOham Offline
chops master
chops master
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:57 am

Re:

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:04 am



Actually, no. That's EXACTLY what the users on this forum are saying.
They ARE saying Cannabis is good for you. Read back a little bit.


And you're right, I didn't read past the first paragraph since it looked like you were not responding to the argument itself, but the sources I posted. The entire first paragraph (which is where I stopped reading) is a dissection of why my source MUST be wrong without saying anything whatsoever about the argument on the source itself.
Image


Madjical Offline
chops master
chops master
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Re:

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:12 am



TVOham wrote:Actually, no. That's EXACTLY what the users on this forum are saying.
They ARE saying Cannabis is good for you. Read back a little bit.


And you're right, I didn't read past the first paragraph since it looked like you were not responding to the argument itself, but the sources I posted. The entire first paragraph (which is where I stopped reading) is a dissection of why my source MUST be wrong without saying anything whatsoever about the argument on the source itself.
In my first paragraph, I explained why I questioned your first source. I never said "This must be wrong." I never implied it. All I said was that statements like the ones used can lead people to believe that it is not going to be 100% accurate, not completely wrong. Sometimes it helps to read the entire post of someone's opinion. It's like opening a bag of chips, having the first one be burnt, and throwing the bag out. Give people a chance.

Read my response again regarding the medical benefits and drawbacks. Cannabis can be good for you, but destroy your body, like chemo. It's all there, I promise. You may have just skipped over it.

That is responding to the argument, you asked the forum to debunk your sources, I did. I've presented my side of the argument, and I got no response. In a nutshell, I clearly wrote that alcohol and cannabis should switch roles.


hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen
User avatar
Posts: 4661
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:33 am



when your source is your argument, you attack it. Have you ever taken a debate class? You make a statement and support it with a source or facts. The other side attacks your statement by trying to disprove your source with better information. Not reading somebody's argument isn't going to help. You still have yet to address my side of the argument.
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.


lesterroyer Offline
chops master
chops master
Posts: 1062
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Roeland Park, KS

Re:

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:38 pm



Hey guys, lets not get this locked. I'm really enjoying our conversation on weed! :D

Didn't Bob Marley die of cancer at a young age? You'd think if it helped with cancer, he'd have been fully cured!
Facebook.
Flickr
YouTube
SMN '08-'12
Gateway '13
Cascades '13
matthewson98 wrote:i was drunk after the parade where i am one of the drum corps and get party girls over when it's done.. so good to drink while marching! no one see it..


hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen
User avatar
Posts: 4661
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Re:

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:38 pm



lesterroyer wrote:Hey guys, lets not get this locked. I'm really enjoying our conversation on weed! :D

Didn't Bob Marley die of cancer at a young age? You'd think if it helped with cancer, he'd have been fully cured!
from links i already posted


"A study by Complutense University of Madrid found the chemicals in cannabis promote the death of brain cancer cells by essentially helping them feed upon themselves in a process called autophagy. The research team discovered that cannabinoids such as THC had anticancer effects in mice with human brain cancer cells and in people with brain tumors. When mice with the human brain cancer cells received the THC, the tumor shrank. Using electron microscopes to analyze brain tissue taken both before and after a 26- to 30-day THC treatment regimen, the researchers found that THC eliminated cancer cells while leaving healthy cells intact.[75] The patients did not have any toxic effects from the treatment; previous studies of THC for the treatment of cancer have also found the therapy to be well tolerated. However, the mechanisms which promote THC's tumor cell–killing action are unknown.[75]"


"The active ingredient in marijuana cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread, say researchers at Harvard University who tested the chemical in both lab and mouse studies"

"The beauty of this study is that we are showing that a substance of abuse, if used prudently, may offer a new road to therapy against lung cancer," said Anju Preet, Ph.D., a researcher in the Division of Experimental Medicine.


"Then, for three weeks, researchers injected standard doses of THC into mice that had been implanted with human lung cancer cells, and found that tumors were reduced in size and weight by about 50 percent in treated animals compared to a control group. There was also about a 60 percent reduction in cancer lesions on the lungs in these mice as well as a significant reduction in protein markers associated with cancer progression, Preet says.
Although the researchers do not know why THC inhibits tumor growth, they say the substance could be activating molecules that arrest the cell cycle"

sources are the links from the top of this page if you want to read into the specific science behind it


what else do you need to read?
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.


TVOham Offline
chops master
chops master
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:57 am

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:57 pm



hotbeats645 wrote:when your source is your argument, you attack it. Have you ever taken a debate class? You make a statement and support it with a source or facts. The other side attacks your statement by trying to disprove your source with better information. Not reading somebody's argument isn't going to help. You still have yet to address my side of the argument.


No, the literal website was not my argument. You attacked the website/source itself rather than the points that were made on it, and that is what I said earlier.

I already said I didn't want to participate. You showed your immaturity by talking about me after leaving like a 12 year old girl.
Image


Madjical Offline
chops master
chops master
Posts: 1122
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:54 am



Well, I've said all I can. Not much to say when you're not getting any rebuttal. On that note, have a nice day! 8)


hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen
User avatar
Posts: 4661
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:43 am



Madjical wrote:Well, I've said all I can. Not much to say when you're not getting any rebuttal. On that note, have a nice day! 8)

Madj you're the greatest
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.


sxetnrdrmr Offline
moderator
moderator
User avatar
Posts: 2708
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: chasing the battery around the field

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 am



MPolarinakis wrote:

hey hey hey, as someone who works for one of those companies... keep that to a forum i don't read please haha.
wait, you work for a oil company...or a drug cartell :D
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

Image

Its' All about the Parking Lot - Watterson Drumline
www.bishopwattersondrumline.webs.com
OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans


MPolarinakis Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:43 am

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:01 pm



sxetnrdrmr wrote:
MPolarinakis wrote:

hey hey hey, as someone who works for one of those companies... keep that to a forum i don't read please haha.
wait, you work for a oil company...or a drug cartell :D
Haha the first. I have been searched for drugs by highschool cops... While in highschool. Apparently I look like someone who smokes the reefer on a daily basis
'10 '11 '12 '13

'09 '10 '11 '13


for clarification, see related GIF
Image


sxetnrdrmr Offline
moderator
moderator
User avatar
Posts: 2708
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: chasing the battery around the field

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:37 pm



MPolarinakis wrote:
sxetnrdrmr wrote:
MPolarinakis wrote:

hey hey hey, as someone who works for one of those companies... keep that to a forum i don't read please haha.
wait, you work for a oil company...or a drug cartell :D
Haha the first. I have been searched for drugs by highschool cops... While in highschool. Apparently I look like someone who smokes the reefer on a daily basis
I used to get the same thing being one of only 5 or 6 metalheads in a private Catholic school....and the funny thing was all of us were cleaner and more moral than ANY of the clean cut, "Christian" looking people...

I went to school with some real baztards from a moralistic standpoint
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

Image

Its' All about the Parking Lot - Watterson Drumline
www.bishopwattersondrumline.webs.com
OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans


Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [ 102 posts ]





Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum