New Snare Solo/Audition Piece

post music that you wrote!

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

Purpleparatroopa Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

New Snare Solo/Audition Piece

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:21 am

I spent about a week writing this lick. It's about medium difficulty and it's great for an audition piece. Got a lot of rudiments in there, it's pretty fast, and there are some meter changes. Have Fun!
Attachments
compressed-e89999cd8f4756fa0a66692f8e9294a9.pdf
(17.27 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
PWHS 2013 Synth "The World"
PWHS 2014 Bass 1 "Box Music"
PWHS 2015 Quads "The Final Bell"
PWHS 2016 Quads "Through Brass Goggles"
PWHS 2017 Quads "Paradise Reclaimed"
Columbus Saints Drum and Bugle Corps Quadline '17
Galaxy Independent '17 Quadline"From the Ashes"

KJennings Offline
chops master
chops master

Re: New Snare Solo/Audition Piece

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Purpleparatroopa wrote:I spent about a week writing this lick. It's about medium difficulty and it's great for an audition piece. Got a lot of rudiments in there, it's pretty fast, and there are some meter changes. Have Fun!
A couple notes:

1. It's good that you have the note stems pointing up throughout this, but the accents should be above the notes. Just a standard thing in marching percussion.

2. Be weary about whether things are realistic and practical. It's not realistic to have a right flam after a left diddle (measure 21) and the buzz on beat three of measure 1 is doable, but not exactly practical as a double stop after the single left before it.

Otherwise, it was a fun quick thing to sight read through. Time signature changes are fun, but don't be afraid to keep things in 4/4 and play around with rhythmic meters too.
DCI Open Class- 2006
DCI World Class- 2007, 2010, 2011
WGI World Class- 2011, 2012, 2013 (Snare Tech)
Image Image

Purpleparatroopa Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Re: New Snare Solo/Audition Piece

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:48 am

KJennings wrote:
Purpleparatroopa wrote:I spent about a week writing this lick. It's about medium difficulty and it's great for an audition piece. Got a lot of rudiments in there, it's pretty fast, and there are some meter changes. Have Fun!
A couple notes:

1. It's good that you have the note stems pointing up throughout this, but the accents should be above the notes. Just a standard thing in marching percussion.

2. Be weary about whether things are realistic and practical. It's not realistic to have a right flam after a left diddle (measure 21) and the buzz on beat three of measure 1 is doable, but not exactly practical as a double stop after the single left before it.

Otherwise, it was a fun quick thing to sight read through. Time signature changes are fun, but don't be afraid to keep things in 4/4 and play around with rhythmic meters too.
Thanks! I didn't have a choice about the whole accent thing cause I wrote it on noteflight, but I would put them up normally.
PWHS 2013 Synth "The World"
PWHS 2014 Bass 1 "Box Music"
PWHS 2015 Quads "The Final Bell"
PWHS 2016 Quads "Through Brass Goggles"
PWHS 2017 Quads "Paradise Reclaimed"
Columbus Saints Drum and Bugle Corps Quadline '17
Galaxy Independent '17 Quadline"From the Ashes"