Adding a second shot drum?

all discussion for the other battery sections

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

gbliles Offline
noob
noob

Adding a second shot drum?

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:05 pm

I recently found a set of quads for sale at a really good price, and am considering buying them but I want a set with two shot drums and this set on has one. Is it possible to add a second 6 inch drum with this set (see picture)? I'm planning on buying a 6 inch and a drum stand on lone star.
Attachments
00N0N_8sjGe7IEsSF_1200x900.jpg
00N0N_8sjGe7IEsSF_1200x900.jpg (112.21 KiB) Viewed 3757 times

MrSirEric Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re: Adding a second shot drum?

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:55 pm

I've seen questions like this before, and while I don't think it's impossible to do, I've never heard of anyone having much success with something like this. There isn't much equipment readily available for something like this and you'd have to be extremely careful not to damage the drums. You'll probably have more success with simply finding a 2 spock set for sale.
Cedar Park High School
'15: Bass 4
'16 - '18: Snare

University of North Texas
'19: Snare

"I can't sit down long enough to absorb any kind of learning." ~Buddy Rich

billc36 Offline

Re: Adding a second shot drum?

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 pm

You can actually locate the hardware easily through Lone Star, Chops or Steve Weiss. It's hard to tell the size of the primary drums. If they're an 8-10-12-13 combo, you won't be able to, but if they're a big block, you easily can if you take your time doing it.

The holes that the back rail is attached to the wood with are the mounting holes that you'd attach the two spock drums. Alternative is you can attach them to drums one and two using mounting hardware.

My posts are mine and mine alone.
They do not now or in the future represent any group, person (both living and dead) that I have been, am currently, or will be in the future associated with.